chiefjason

Double shoulder rig, Desert Eagle's

I'm calling it the "Smith Rig".  

My LGS called me up a few weeks ago to talk to this guy.  I originally tried to get out of it but he kept telling me I had to do this.  Talked to the guy for a while, decided to give it a shot.  I mean, who doesn't want a NY reload for Desert Eagles? 

Since this is my first real shoulder rig I mocked it up completely with scrap leather.  made some mistakes that I fixed in the finished product. 

The second mocked up side.  The first one ended up flat side out, swapped the pattern for this one. 

r7rzXJM.jpg

Final cut.

X1FcM7H.jpg

sgNT2PA.jpg

Todays delivery.

XlhBiri.jpg

vtnyR6a.jpg

8laR1of.jpg

yXYQRil.jpg

XYkjERF.jpg

JjJC9j0.jpg

Looks good......

I pity the poor guy lugging around two of those all day.  Nice work.

Nice rig and yup he may be back asking for pads in the shoulder straps with all that gun hanging off each side!

I agree about the should pads...and don't go swimmin' with all that iron strapped on...but, boy oh boy, what a rig!  Doesn't even stand out under the cover garment either.  Great craftsmanship, Chief! Design, color...all of it...well done! As you said...a serious New Your reload!

Hahaha this is so crazy it's awesome. It's well made and I can't say I've ever known anyone to carry a desert eagle let alone two haha. Good work!

Guy'll be 6" shorter when he gets home ! But I wish that was mine I'd were it with pride.

5 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Hahaha this is so crazy it's awesome. It's well made and I can't say I've ever known anyone to carry a desert eagle let alone two haha. Good work!

After talking to him it was too crazy not to give it a shot.  Seems the crazy ones are the most fun.  This one.  The S&W 500 cross draw.  And one odd SOB holster I made over the summer.  The normal stuff gets a bit boring and these mix things up.  

Yeah I hear ya. My brother in law wants an sob. I don't understand it myself. But everyone's different I guess. 

A cross draw for sw 500? Really? Sounds interesting

9 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Yeah I hear ya. My brother in law wants an sob. I don't understand it myself. But everyone's different I guess. 

A cross draw for sw 500? Really? Sounds interesting

Yeah, I've made about 6 of them so far.  And used the same pattern for a stealth hunter too.  

NBValio.jpg

You can hardly notice he is wearing it! when you do see it look cool though.

Oh, it's a concealed carry sw500 holster...:rofl:

1 hour ago, Stetson912 said:

Oh, it's a concealed carry sw500 holster...:rofl:

I have used the same cross draw to mount to a chest strap for a chest rig.  I can actually conceal that one but you have to button the shirt up.  Wore it to my LGS and around for a little but just for giggles.  Actually was not that bad, even driving with it on.  

Haha, that's cool. I imagine anything can be concealed if you want to 

Carry two of those and two Deagles and fear no evil.

That S&W 500 looks sweet. Heavy ass gun. But good for the zombie apocalypse. Just them up