lcmattson

Looking for a Pulling Breast Collar pattern

I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I haven't been on here in a blue moon or two.

I'm looking for a pulling style breast collar pattern with a dee ring center. It'll be send to a friend who has no experience in horse tack, but is great with all things leather.

If I had my own tools and leather with me, I'd make one myself, but the downstairs neighbors don't appreciate the noise generated.

Thanks everyone!

Do you mean a breast collar for working harness horses? Coz I never saw one with a dee ring center.

I think the poster is asking about a breastcollar for saddle horses that has become popular in the states in the last few years.  It is very much like the old style martingales, except it attaches to the fork of the saddle by way of two straps that loop around the fork.  At the ends of the breastcollar where normally there would be dee rings for attachment to the saddle, there is instead a buckle on each side, and that buckle attaches to the straps that are looped around the fork of the saddle. 

I see that Springfield Leather has a pattern pack for collars.  It shows a dee style and solid fixed over the shoulder designs.  These pattern packs are a start; then you can adjust from there.

Ron