whistler

Motorcycle tooling pattern(s)

A few months back my mom passed. Lots of issues but she gave it a good fight and lived a long life. Her  neighbor just a few years younger (83) and my mom both lost their husbands about the same time and they became best friends. My mom’s friend recently lost her leather checkbook cover. Her late husband had it made for her. Nothing special in the checkbook cover itself and may have been a Tandy kit. It had the floral design, lace edging etc. I can’t replace “that” checkbook but I want to try and make her another. At 83 the lady Loves motorcycles more than anything else in the world. She is always ready for a ride. A 250 mile day is nothing for her and she will never say enough. 

Would anyone know where I could find any patterns, templates for a simple motorcycle I could download for tooling onto this checkbook cover.  I’m not opposed to buying this if it’s the right one. I’m very inexperienced at tooling so I’ll have some practicing to do and my reason for wanting a simpler pattern. I’ve done searches but only come up with patterns for motorcycle leather bags, seats an other accessories. 

Sorry for the lengthy explanation!

I hope someday to contribute to this forum rather than just gleaning from it but with my lack of knowledge & experience  I was always taught to keep quiet and listen.

Thanks in Advance, 

I don't have exactly what you are looking for, but you can trace any motorcycle scene from a picture that will fit the cover and use that. Keep the trace simple, you don't have to include all the fine detail of the pic, better to keep it simple for the leather image. This way you aren't searching endlessly for an actual leather trace.

I just googled "motorcycle line art" and found a wealth of images.

Edited by alpha2

I'll second what alpha2 said - search motorcycle line art - stick with something simple and you don't really need to overdo the detail in something as small as a checkbook cover.  

But I've gotta chime in - it's an awesome gesture for you to do this!  Gotta love a two wheelin' granny!!!  That's awesome!

Bill

Thanks for the quick reply’s. Got to get in some practice so that will allow more practice time. I knew there was a better way to search but my mind just couldn’t come up with it.

billybopp, I also mow this ladies yard. On my way over today I called her but got no answer. She does sleep late occasionally so I didn’t Think much about it. After mowing awhile and she still hadn’t came out I knocked, nothing, both doors were locked. The neighbor has a key so I called her to come over for a look see due to her recent health problems. All said and done my brother & her had took a bike ride today. She had failed to tell anyone. Story ends well.