Silverfang

How do I get a 1.5" Buckle on a 2" belt.

Hey guys, am new to the site. I ran into a little bit of a snag which is what brought me here. I have a particular belt buckle(1.5") I am trying to fit onto a belt that has a width of 2"(9oz). I was wondering if anyone knew how to make this work?

Three options come to mind: 

(1) Cut a 1/2" strip off your 2" strap.

(2) Cut a 1/4" strip off both sides of your strap at each end. This creates a "Scout belt".

(3) Add a 1-1/2" strap on top of your 2" strap at each end. This creates a "Ranger belt".

What you choose depends on your equipment, skills and intended use for this belt. A 2" ranger belt, for instance, would be difficult to fit through the loops on a pair of dress slacks but would work well as a light tool belt.

Matt,

Thank you. Options 2 or 3 are preferable as I wanted the look of a 2" belt not just a 1.5". They are for my riding jeans and I made sure that the belt will go through the loops on it. Snuggly but does fit.

Matt has all there is to say so let us know what you do and post a picture!

For a non-leather worker option 2 will give you the best results. remember you need to also take 1/4 inch off both sides of the billet (or hole) end of the belt but perhaps that is obvious... one thing to get the buckle to fit on the belt and another to get the belt to fit in the buckle!

Edited by plinkercases

An example: I made this gun sling belt yesterday and had to reduce the width of the belt to fit the buckle.

9CBCDF87-7C0D-4F3B-9FB2-08A15B6C6120.jpeg