roxannelovelace1974

Shoulder Gun holster

What is the average length everyone uses to make the straps for shoulder holster to attach to the gun? I have the straps going from the back piece and not a continuous strap. Last time I made one, I wasted a lot of leather. any tips and advice appreciated. Thank you

Having not made one, I can't give you a measurement. However, if you want an easy way to lay it out, use 3/4" poly straps like are used on backpacks. It's less than $0.25 a foot at my local hardware store, and makes laying out strap goods easy since I can just fold it over and safety pin it in place. It cuts easily with a knife or scissors & ends can be sealed with a lighter.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:43 PM, roxannelovelace1974 said:

What is the average length everyone uses to make the straps for shoulder holster to attach to the gun? I have the straps going from the back piece and not a continuous strap. Last time I made one, I wasted a lot of leather. any tips and advice appreciated. Thank you

plastic dummy (or another material) will do the work.
+ you will always have a "body' in the room to make the basic measurements  ;)