Sign in to follow this  
Pintodeluxe

Good Source For Replacement Tension Assembly?

I bought a replacement for the tension assembly on my Consew 226.  When it arrived, I realized it was very poor quality, and the spring tension was insufficient to sew.

I also noticed that the tension discs were offset from the controller spring assembly.  On the original, these two parts are nearly in the same plane.  On the replacement, the tension discs stick out further from the machine.  

At any rate, I am looking for a high quality tension assembly for my 226.  Ideally it would be made in Japan with comparable quality to the original Seiko part.  I like the kind with the double-wide tension nut, as it seems to help keep the threaded rod straight.  Any ideas where to source a good tension assembly?  Everywhere I search seems to turn up the same inexpensive (and ineffective) version.  

Thanks    

Without knowing who you have already bought from ( and were not satisfied with what you received ), and where you have looked ( and not found" quality" ), it is going to be very hard for any recommendations to be able to avoid the places that you have bought from or that you have already looked at and dismissed.

I bought off eBay, and it was an unbranded part from China.  The rod that accepts the tension nut was only threaded about half way, so the spring couldn't develop enough tension.

I have been looking 10 pages deep on Google searches with no luck yet.  

Try the businesses that advertise here ( their banners are on the top of the pages here ) then, that tension mechanism is common to many machines, not just the machine that you have.