buko

Alternative to Groz Beckert 135X16LR #22

I just bought a Consew 206rb and I'm in the process of getting it ready for leatherwork. Studying all the great posts on this site it looks like I will mostly use size 138 thread for much of what I want to do. Looking at the Groz Beckert guide, it looks like I want the LR points to approximate the look of a saddle stitch but I can't seem to find the size 22 (for the 138 thread) in stock anywhere online. Searching this forum it appears to be a common problem.

That said, can anyone recommend a different manufacturer that makes a similar slanted point in that size?

Thanks!

You might try Schmetz needles.  They have 135x16 needles in size 22 in a myriad of tip styles.  

They might have the type you're after.  I had to special order mine.  

6 minutes ago, Pintodeluxe said:

You might try Schmetz needles.  They have 135x16 needles in size 22 in a myriad of tip styles.  

They might have the type you're after.  I had to special order mine.  

Thank you. May I ask where you special ordered from?

We have them in Organ brand.

Perfect! I'll call and order tomorrow.

I buy Organ 135x16 leather point needles for my walking foot and Singer patcher machines. I have them in sizes up to #24.

13 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

I buy Organ 135x16 leather point needles for my walking foot and Singer patcher machines. I have them in sizes up to #24.

Thanks Wiz. I have plenty of needles in all sizes but I was specifically looking for the "LR" or "LL" needles that add a slant to the stitch as shown in this picture from the Groz Beckert brocure:

needles.png

Hey- 

Did you ever get hold of some #22 LR needles? I have a good number of DIA and TRI, but can't find LR in anything larger than a #19 or #20 (#21 or #23 would be OK as well, but insane s&h charges aren't).

- Elizabeth

We have them in Organ in sizes #21,22,23 & 24.$4.00 a pk of (10)+ shpg

Yeah! What's method is easier to order, phone or email? 

- Elizabeth

6 hours ago, Sticks said:

Hi guys,

hope its ok to add to this thread.

Does anyone know where the S points can be found.? I looked everywhere.

Call Bob Kovar, at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines (866-362-7397) and ask if he has some in stock. I've been to his shop and am here to tell you there be needles there!

Does anyone have a current source for 135x16 LR needles? I've called Bob a few times and have left messages to no avail.

It looks like the Organ 135X16 DPX16 Leather Needles do in fact have an LR or RTW. On some listings, the point type is not stated, but the MFG PN does state LR point.  I hope this helps someone in the future!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0773KBM6N/ref=twister_B0773KS1L8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1