I'm playing around with a kangaroo hide I purchased and need to make a few extremely slick pieces of leather that I will withstand flexing.   I'm playing around with a few waxes/polishes I purchased but I'm thinking the experts can get me further ahead with some well timed advise. 

Basically slick as possible and it will be folded in half thousands of times. 

Edit: tried so far Lincoln stain wax shoe polish and Job site Heavy Duty Waterproof - and maybe I'm just rushing it and need to give it a few days but its got a slightly tacky slightly waxy feel.

Searching here I'm going to grab some Sno-Seal to try but anything else?

Edited by bai

17 minutes ago, bai said:

I'm playing around with a kangaroo hide I purchased and need to make a few extremely slick pieces of leather that I will withstand flexing.   I'm playing around with a few waxes/polishes I purchased but I'm thinking the experts can get me further ahead with some well timed advise. 

Basically slick as possible and it will be folded in half thousands of times. 

Edit: tried so far Lincoln stain wax shoe polish and Job site Heavy Duty Waterproof - and maybe I'm just rushing it and need to give it a few days but its got a slightly tacky slightly waxy feel.

Searching here I'm going to grab some Sno-Seal to try but anything else?

If by "slick" you mean glossy, you could try Kiwi Neutral polish. If you mean slick as in plastic coated you can try Mod Podge. I use it on some washi covered wallets and bags that I make and it will fold without cracking. Not sure what you mean by thousands of times though. Here is a picture of a leather wallet, coated with paper and Mod Podge

IMG_0453.png

Basically using it in an archery glove, the contact point  will be bent around the  string.  On a good week I used to shoot 2000 arrows.  Not quite at that volume any more but 500 a week wouldn't be unthinkable.  The leathers on my target shooting tab lasted 2 years at the 2K arrows a week level.

By slick I mean lubricated to increase wear resistance with the string drag.  Should have been more open about the project instead of beating around the bush.