I made a wrist cuff/bracelet thing. Veggie-tanned leather, light blue and purple Angelus dye and Eco-Flo Super Sheen top coat, gold stitching, brass button closure, and burnished back. It's a little stiff but I'm overall very pleased with the way it turned out. (This actually isn't my straightest stitching; luckily, the thread covers my wobbly hole-punching.) 

IMAG1930.jpg

IMAG1931.jpg

Edited by epiphanist1248

After you wear it for a while it'll loosen up a bit and feel less stiff even though it will be. I like this one better than #2 but they both look cool. I like the veg tan rigidity. There is a place for soft leather but I haven't found a use for it in what I like making other than making small pouches and such.

@battlemunky I make a lot of dice bags and softer leather is much better for those. I'll probably work some neatsfoot oil into #1 to make it a little more comfortable.

Cool. Post pics after it has all had a chance to settle in. I use a blend of neatsfoot oil and beeswax and it keeps the leather from getting too soft.

34 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Cool. Post pics after it has all had a chance to settle in. I use a blend of neatsfoot oil and beeswax and it keeps the leather from getting too soft.

What's the blend on that nests foot and bees wax?

5 hours ago, kiwican said:

What's the blend on that nests foot and bees wax?

I tried 50/50 but it was too hard so I added some NFO until it was a bit softer. I'm guessing its probably 25/75 by weight at the point where I felt it was easy enough to work with but still solid at room temp. Sorry that is subjective but I had to adjust as I went. I'll smear it on and then use a hair dryer to heat it until it absorbs.

Cool. Thanks. I'll make me some up and give it a go!

It is super simple. There were a few cooling cycles involved. Microwave for 20 second bursts until the wax melts and then add in the NFO, it'll cool in about 10-15 minutes, see how it feels to you, then add more NFO if you need to, repeat until it is the consistency you want.