LynK

Newbie From Alabama

Hi. I'm LynK, from southeast Alabama. I started doing leatherwork when i was nine, in 4H. 

I've been lurking for a couple months but Dwight prompted me to say hello. 

Jonsdrink.jpg

Welcome from Huntsville!

Welcome, LynK, . . . with talent like that, . . . you've been holding back on us.

Glad to have you aboard.  

I can tell you right now you are head and shoulders out in front of me when it comes to those types of projects.  Holsters I can do, . . . belts I can do, . . . can even turn out an occasional purse or wallet or cell phone case.  

But I just cannot get the expertise you have on the art work.  Mine looks more like that Asian stamped stuff, . . . and that's why I don't do much of it.

Enough about me, . . . again, . . . welcome, . . . enjoy your stay.

May God bless,

Dwight

Yep...I'm like Dwight...can't come near to doing that kinda work. If I were to even try and create a coffee mug holder like that, I'd be so ashamed of it, I would constantly (and with intention) spill or dribble coffee on it in order to hide my hideous attempt at carving and decorative dye work. Not so in your case...very nice!

Welcome to the forum, LynK! Look forward very much to what else you have to share...

Edited by Double Daddy

Many thanks, all!  That coozie holds a 16 oz insulated cup, made from 6-7 vegtan (2 layers) with green 2 oz pig suede inlay.  Bottom is 4-5 veg with hole, to enable pushing cup out for cleaning.  Hand sewn, made in 2005.  Have made a dozen or more from 8-9 veg, tooled, for holding 12 oz cans. 

Nice work, and welcome.