My brother had the buckel for years and asked me to make a new belt for it.

Custom colour dies, Wine and Navy hand stitched using .8 tiger thread.

FA42C2F0-886A-47A4-A34E-40CA8C1106CD.jpeg

E60A5BFD-405A-486C-902C-881B02695EFD.jpeg

Really looks nice - stitching on both sides looks almost identical - nice job!

Looks clean! Too bad about that buckle though, I've had a few of those Levis belts and the buckle is usually was goes first, stupid spring/detent. But, you can always replace the buckle if it happens!

Is that the 'bishop' color on the tiger thread? It looks really nice with those dye colors!

Very Nice!

What size stitching punches did you use for a belt? I want to order a set but I'm not sure what size to use for a belt.

10 hours ago, garypl said:

Really looks nice - stitching on both sides looks almost identical - nice job!

Thank you! I've been trying some different styles of stitching, not too sure of what looks best yet.

8 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Looks clean! Too bad about that buckle though, I've had a few of those Levis belts and the buckle is usually was goes first, stupid spring/detent. But, you can always replace the buckle if it happens!

Thanks, The spring isn't fully gone yet, but its on its last leg though... :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, verus22 said:

Is that the 'bishop' color on the tiger thread? It looks really nice with those dye colors!

Thanks, I didn't know what the name of thread was so I looked it up... It says Red!  Do the Tiger thread you have have names??

6 hours ago, DGoutdoors said:

Very Nice!

What size stitching punches did you use for a belt? I want to order a set but I'm not sure what size to use for a belt.

Thanks, I recently bought the Wuta 3.8mm chisels... I think the holes are too close for the belt ( I think more like the 4mm would be better ) I have to get other sizes in the future. Im thinking of a stitching wheel with different sizes would work better for me and punch through with a good awl? I have the Wuta 2 and 8 prong but the 8 prong won't go through the leather fully. Maybe it needs sharpening?

2 hours ago, Mattsbagger said:

I wish i could find a buckle like that. That lasts that is.

I wouldn't buy that buckle...:P  Ive had a look around for really nice good quality ( you know... something special! ) buckles, I can't seem to find them anywhere? Theres some in china but who knows if the quality is any good...

2 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

Thanks, I recently bought the Wuta 3.8mm chisels... I think the holes are too close for the belt ( I think more like the 4mm would be better ) I have to get other sizes in the future. Im thinking of a stitching wheel with different sizes would work better for me and punch through with a good awl? I have the Wuta 2 and 8 prong but the 8 prong won't go through the leather fully. Maybe it needs sharpening?

Thanks 

Very clean looking! Is it two pieces stitched together? What weight/brand is the leather? I can see a lot of time put into those edges. Keep it up!

7 hours ago, Rolandranch said:

Very clean looking! Is it two pieces stitched together? What weight/brand is the leather? I can see a lot of time put into those edges. Keep it up!

Thanks Ryan,

I split 4mm veg tan down to 2mm and glued them back to back, got the hide from a local guy ( don’t know where it came from but look good ) stitching took me about 4 hours ( have to speed up! ) edges were easy using UK Saddlery’s advice (Tallow).

6 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

Thanks Ryan,

I split 4mm veg tan down to 2mm and glued them back to back, got the hide from a local guy ( don’t know where it came from but look good ) stitching took me about 4 hours ( have to speed up! ) edges were easy using UK Saddlery’s advice (Tallow).

Ok. Thanks. 4 hours? Did you hand stitch the whole belt??