Mattneedswallet

Ever seen one of these?

*I'm not a leatherworker - apologies for the layman pov* 

I've been using this bag for a little while for work. I bought it on holiday and unfortunately loaded it with too much weight and the clasp would pop open or the screws would give way fairly regularly. 

in the process of screwing the sprung clasp back on I lost one of the screws. They seem to be custom as a google search for the measurements using a micrometer proved useless.

I've looked at various supply chains online from wholesale China to smaller shops and can't seem to find these sprung bag clasps. Has anyone seen them before? Size approx 20mm x 34mm.

Pictures here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7fWIF1y6MSoLTBlLVlyak1LRlU

Thank you!

Maybe a better question for the help wanted - but any suggestions of a better and stronger strap solution? 

Edited by Mattneedswallet
Spelling

to access google drive, ( and thus to see your pictures ) one has to either have a google account, or sign into google, some of us try to avoid being tracked by google all over the web ( which "signing in" means will happen )..a picture posted here is much better, applies to your "wallet thread too"..not everyone wants "to have to sign into google anything" just to see what someone is talking about.

Plus..a picture posted ( uploaded to leatherworker.net ) will still be around later, which makes far more sense for someone who arrives at any "thread" at some time in the future..Google has a history of removing "things"..( remember "wave" ) ..same applies to all the free image hosting sites..many of them now require payment, ( Google just tracks all the websites that you visit, forever, as does facebook..TINSTAAFL* )and so many threads here and elsewhere on the web that included images to "outside" are now broken and no-one can see the images..

HTH :)

TINSTAAFL..There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Edited by mikesc

I've given some thought to this;

Its a nice bit of hardware but is totally inefficient to its purpose if it keeps coming off

Simply; it needs replacing. I would replace the hardware completly with a leather loop tab sewn on and incorporating a lobster crab bag loop/link

On 22/10/2017 at 9:36 PM, mikesc said:

to access google drive, ( and thus to see your pictures ) one has to either have a google account, or sign into google, some of us try to avoid being tracked by google all over the web ( which "signing in" means will happen )..a picture posted here is much better, applies to your "wallet thread too"..not everyone wants "to have to sign into google anything" just to see what someone is talking about.

Plus..a picture posted ( uploaded to leatherworker.net ) will still be around later, which makes far more sense for someone who arrives at any "thread" at some time in the future..Google has a history of removing "things"..( remember "wave" ) ..same applies to all the free image hosting sites..many of them now require payment, ( Google just tracks all the websites that you visit, forever, as does facebook..TINSTAAFL* )and so many threads here and elsewhere on the web that included images to "outside" are now broken and no-one can see the images..

HTH :)

TINSTAAFL..There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Hi Mike - I've just used a private browsing session to view the pictures with no login so I think they should be ok? Just thought it would be the easiest option for people to see different views etc. I'll Shrink the files on my computer this week (too big to upload via my phone) and upload some.

Thanks for the suggestions! If I was a bit more handy I'd have a go myself at rethinking the strap system myself - but If I could locate these sprung clasps that give way when I'm completely overloaded I wouldn't minded occasionally screwing them back on...so if I can't, I think a trip to a leather worker  / one of your fine yourselves in on the cards. 

A suggestion; Theres a Tandy store in Manchester, contact them and see if they know a leatherworker in the Liver/Man area who might be willing to do your items

aside....

Matt..re "access"..unless you / one allow scripts from google.com ( which you obviously do even in a private browsing session, ) whereas I like many others of us who also work in IT, block all scripts ( including google* , facebook, twitter etc ) to start with and only allow those which won't follow / track us all over the web..your images in "google drive" cannot be seen.

*google search works..even with google.com blocked and not "signed in"..
google drive..does not.
"google analytics" ( used to be urchin )is a tracking script used by over 90% of all websites ( none of mine though ) which allows google to follow anyone everywhere, all the time..most websites will still work if you block it.."no script"** is your friend

**"no script" is a "privacy / anti tracking" add on..which also protects your devices from being attacked by malicious scripts on websites ( lot of webmasters don't know that their websites are hacked and are distributing viruses and trojans ), having begun programming in the early 1970s , I recommend "no script" to everyone..keeps you safe, allows you to control the people tracking what sites / pages you visit.

Having to fire up a private window to avoid subsequent tracking by any entity , in order to see images ?..I'll wait for you to post them here..like I said above..once posted here, everyone who visits here will be able to see them, even when they are long gone from your google drive account, or when google maybe scraps "drive", or makes it "pay to store" like the image sites where so many here in the past posted their images and now results in so many threads here with no images other than the "upgrade your image hosting account" ( pay to have your pictures available to be linked from other websites ) ones..

Edited by mikesc