Sign in to follow this  
BearClawLeather

Has anyone ever used a Gold-Magic Robotemp 315?

So I bought a pretty cool heat press off of eBay. It was advertised as a Kingsley but after talking to the seller on the phone it came out that the press is actually a Gold-Magic Robotemp 315 and it comes with 5 sets of Kingsley letters and a huge tub of foil. I won it for only $100 and I'm driving up to Maine next week to pick it up. Even though I am a bit bummed it isn't a Kingley, for $100 I am not going to hold a grudge.

Here are some photos of it that came off of the listing. It doesn't come with a manual since the seller got it for free off of a gentleman that used to work for the State of Maine. The original owner used the press for fancy invitations for state functions, and the seller I bought it off of used it to monogram leather guitar straps. I'm hoping someone here knows where I can find a manual for this machine or has any insight whatsoever.

Thank you
-Bear

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

It look s to me like something someone made from an arbor press.They just happen to use the control box from Robotemp,so if that ever goes out at least you know where to get it.You just need to try it @ dsifferent heat settings & see how it works.It's still a good buy though if you need one.

Instructions and foils to use are fairly common to most hot foil presses.  There are a number of videos on YouTube for different manufacturers.  They all have some useful details if your are patient enough to wade through them.

Tom

could try Library of Congress, local library under technical manuals. Maybe even the patent office.