9tpi

Horween natural Chromexcel men's bag. LV inspired

Hello everyone,

***I'm re-posting this due to losing all my photos being lost in the Photobucket ransom. I've had a few request to re-post***

Here are a few pics of my latest bag. It is a commission piece. Customer requested a bag that resembled the Louis Vuitton Greenwich Neo.

The bag is made with Horween Natural Chromexcel. Fully hand sewn with beige fil au chinois linen thread (size 432 @ 6spi)

There is a shoulder strap, strap to secure this bag to his rolling luggage, luggage tag, padlock with keys and clochette.

Riri zipper, polished nickle hardware, cream canvas lining.

dn9FCQK.jpg

ajU7EnB.jpg

NY5f28g.jpg

a2ADZUu.jpg

BjZkpIW.jpg

tKvACPQ.jpg

VIRzCRJ.jpg

51zCtP1.jpg

Klh36dQ.jpg

Superb work!

Thank you very much!

Great work on a monster project.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:16 PM, thefanninator said:

Great work on a monster project.

Thank you sir. She was a beast for sure

Edited by 9tpi

Great job, truly professional execution

13 hours ago, cjones said:

Great job, truly professional execution

cjones,

Thank you sir!

Edited by 9tpi

Wow... It looks flawless and I like the attention to detail... You even put leather on the padlock!

I think I am going to try handsewing again and will use your example as something to strive for...

Truly gobsmacked by your work.

Alex 

Alex

Thank you very much. That means a lot. 

I'm glad I've inspired you as so many have inspired me on this forum.

Chris

Instagram story of my client using his bag during a flight.

IeKeACB.jpg

How do you edge finish the chromexcel? Amazing bag too btw. I wish I could do it haha. 

10 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

How do you edge finish the chromexcel? Amazing bag too btw. I wish I could do it haha. 

I'm just using vernis edge paint. What I DON'T do is try to burnish the edge before applying the paint as it does not give the paint anything to bite on to (being somewhat oily). I leave the edge kinda furry to accept the first coat of paint and then sand and iron smooth each following coat.

10 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

And thanks for the compliment.

Awesome. There was someone asking about burnishing chromexcel and I wasn't sure how you would do it. Thought you would know. I think the edge paint is the way to go.

I may have asked before, but how do you do the lining? That seems to be the hardest part for me to understand with bags. I can never get it right. 

cool

what about inside?

4 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Awesome. There was someone asking about burnishing chromexcel and I wasn't sure how you would do it. Thought you would know. I think the edge paint is the way to go.

I may have asked before, but how do you do the lining? That seems to be the hardest part for me to understand with bags. I can never get it right. 

It really depends on the bag weather i have it finished with leather inside (Like Hermes) or if im doing a fabric lining.

This specific bag has a "drop in" lining. Its essentially a bag within the bag. It gets fully sewn around the opening. You can see it in pic #8 

4 hours ago, nrk said:

cool

what about inside?

Looking for pics of the Inside? 

4 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

4 hours ago, nrk said:

cool

what about inside?

uo5yFQE.jpg

JPf3GE6.jpg

I tried a drop in liner on one I made. Didn't work so well. I think the leather was too thick. Do you use the same pattern pieces as you do for the bag?

I'd like to use leather to line anything I'd make. Some thin goat or kangaroo would work. I just don't know how to go about it very well. Do you know of any good resources to learn? Maybe see how it's done?

Beautiful work!

I feel the same way about photobucket too.

Rodney