Anybody into off-roading here? I own a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.  I would like to make  it off-road worthy. I have started with purchasing a set of nerf bars and mud tires for it. My next plan is to add body armors to it. Is Poison Spyder a highly recommended brand? Any suggestions?

I know very little about a Jeep, but I do own a Samurai. It will go places that most Jeeps only dream of...

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13495.0;

You should try googling ,Jeep off-road forums ,there's a lot of them where you can find what you need to know.

Hope you keep the greasey side down!!

You can also google local Jeep clubs in your area and you'll quickly find that many Jeepers are super helpful and you can have help spending your money.

I had a 2010 JKU Rubi. It is the car love of my life. Everything about it was awesome except the fuel economy. 3.5" AEV lift and 32" tires, a few other mods too. 

Just Empty Every Pocket!

Form follows function. I’d put money towards stuff that actually does something, such as limited slip/lockers, increased suspension travel, etc.

+1000 on the lockers, even if its just the rear to begin with. A locking diff makes a Jeep damn near unstoppable, two definitely does. Its almost like cheating.

I’d be weary of nerf bars and think about maybe selling those for some sliders.  Nerf bars get bent up so easy.  Lockers would definitely be my next get, though.  

No oven rack grille guards. No 20” wheels with allen head screws all around trying to look like beadlocks. No snorkle kits good for 72” of water, cause frankly once the tops of the tires are under, you probably have bigger problems to worry about.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:35 PM, 480volt said:

No oven rack grille guards. No 20” wheels with allen head screws all around trying to look like beadlocks. No snorkle kits good for 72” of water, cause frankly once the tops of the tires are under, you probably have bigger problems to worry about.

Just to kind of jump on with this, if you’re gonna do ANY type of wheelin’, I’d invest in a good tool kit.  Good jack, some wrenches, extra oil and lubricants, and some beer

I go off roading but not a jeep -  in a Land Rover. Check out the off roading forum called Expedition Portal., they have a section on Jeeps and that is all those guys and gals talk about so you will find tons of great information.

Karina

Another +1 for expedition portal.

Very useful global forum.

I hope to become part of the overland community once I find my ideal LR Discovery 4 (commercial).