Chief31794

Some Guitar, Dobro, Mandolin and Banjo Straps off the bench recently

Includes a Harmonica Bandolier as well as a lot of Dobro Straps, and a few mandolin, banjo and guitar straps.  All made from Hermann Oak.

Cro_8787.jpg

Aweb_8986.jpg

Aweb_8969.jpg

Aweb_9057.jpg

Aweb_9063.jpg

Aweb_9065.jpg

Aweb_9070.jpg

Aweb_9072.jpg

Aweb_9074.jpg

Aweb_9089.jpg

Aweb_9093.jpg

Aweb_9094.jpg

Great craftsmanship, Chief...as always. Each one unique, not just in this post, but from pretty much all the other posts I've seen of your work. Do your customers typically collaborate with you on a design for a pieces such as these...or do many of them just give you creative license to do as you please after having seen some of your past work, resting easy that they will be pleased with the final product?

Your dyeing skills, especially on the lighter tan tones, is positively covetous, sir. Feel free to share your methods, if so inclined.

11 hours ago, Double Daddy said:

Great craftsmanship, Chief...as always. Each one unique, not just in this post, but from pretty much all the other posts I've seen of your work. Do your customers typically collaborate with you on a design for a pieces such as these...or do many of them just give you creative license to do as you please after having seen some of your past work, resting easy that they will be pleased with the final product?

Your dyeing skills, especially on the lighter tan tones, is positively covetous, sir. Feel free to share your methods, if so inclined.

Thanks for the nice comments, most do collaborate, they have an idea of something they want, however, from time-to-time someone will just say do whatever you want with it.

Chief

Really nice work Chief.  Love your craftsmanship.

They are all sweet!

My favorite one is the one under the harmonica's.

Nice mix of Oak, Sheridan and music.

Plus the new style hardware with the traditional hardware.

Great looking work as always, Chief!   I've gotta say, I especially like that last one - Great use of a veiner and swivel knife for a really different, simple, and good looking pattern!   Who'da thunkit!  The other designs look great too, but it's nice to see what can be done with minimal tools too.

Bill

3 hours ago, Rohn said:

Really nice work Chief.  Love your craftsmanship.

Thanks Rohn

2 hours ago, WoodysWorkshop said:

They are all sweet!

My favorite one is the one under the harmonica's.

Nice mix of Oak, Sheridan and music.

Plus the new style hardware with the traditional hardware.

That one belongs to Touring dobro player and the emblem is a trademark of Tut Taylor's that he has permission to use.  Studio-N made the embossing plate for the dobroholic emblem.  He does a great job on embossing stamps if you need any custom.

1 hour ago, billybopp said:

Great looking work as always, Chief!   I've gotta say, I especially like that last one - Great use of a veiner and swivel knife for a really different, simple, and good looking pattern!   Who'da thunkit!  The other designs look great too, but it's nice to see what can be done with minimal tools too.

Bill

Thanks, I use that technique on belts and it was much more popular during bygone days, not as much call for it anymore, really easy to do after you lay it out.

Chief

Great craftsmanship, nice and clean work.

20 hours ago, NeilMac said:

Great craftsmanship, nice and clean work.

Thanks,

Chief