Brtz

Newbie from Poland says hello!

Hi, I'm Bert from Poland, age 50, I'm interested in sewing machines. Now I just wanted to say hello and thank you for accepting me in the group. A few words about myself: About 3 years ago I became interested in the sewing machines and technical aspects of their functioning, later bought an old damaged sewing machine and the overlock and even managed to fix them. Recently I bought very cheap Pfaff 145 industrial machine . Actually it is a rare 4145 model, which I could see as a specific combination between the Pfaff 145 and the 4143. The machine is sewing but it is grossly neglected and requires general cleaning and adjustment. Therefore, I am now looking at posts in this group regarding the Pfaff 145 with interest. Later on surely I will have some questions, but first I want to check existing posts. And here are some photos of my machine. Regards. Bert

back.jpg

front.jpg

type_no.jpg

Welcome to Leatherworker.net, Bert!

G'day Bert, welcome. That's an interesting looking machine (particularly from the back, lots of levers!).

Welcome to LW, Bert! And congratulation for figuring out how to resize and post pictures - it's one of the main challenges for newcomers!

So the Pfaff 4145 appears to be a chain stitch variation of the Pfaff 145 design. I had never heard of it before your post - thanks for sharing! It seems like a very rare machine indeed. Hopefully it's complete and doesn't need parts - they may be very hard to find.

Can you please post some additional pictures looking into the head from the left,  and also pictures of the underside with a close-up of the rotating looper would be interesting. I wonder if the looper design is similar to the Cornely embroidery machines. 

I came across a reference for the Pfaff 4145 in a regular Pfaff 145 manual :

pfaff 4145 threading.jpg

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Special thanks to Uwe for the part of the manual however I have also found both manuals (for 145 and 4143). Yesterday I spent all the day refurbishing and figuring out how the rotation of the main shaft is transferred to all the parts powering needle bar, presser foot and lifting mechanism. So I can attach some photos of the uncovered left side of the head of the machne. Some photos show partially disassembled units and also assembled again after cleaning. This evening I am going to clean the bottom of the machine, so I'll also send some pics of the looper. And there are some missing parts but rather small (used or inproper screws) or the parts which I am not sure they are necessary in this very type of machine. I'll post all my doubts and questions when initial cleaning and research is done. Bert

back_dismbld.jpg

back_left_asmbld_2.jpg

left_asmbld_2.jpg

left_back_dismbld.jpg

left_back_part_dismbld.jpg

left_front_dismbld.jpg

This topic was only to say "hello everybody" so I am moving the pfaff 4145 discussion to the new topic:

Thank you, Bert

Witamy, Bert!

Edited by Techsew Ron