machinehead

Maverick Leather

Maverick Leather has a website up for their new Missouri location.

http://maverickleathercompany.com/product-category/maverick-columbia/

Have you actually purchased anything online from them? 

I emailed asking for info prior to ordering 1/4 and was told to send my number and someone would contact me.  Went ahead and just placed an order 1/9 after never hearing back.  I was told I'd be invoiced within 1-3 days.  Sent a check up email 1/15 as I've heard nothing.  Get told it will be sent by the end of the day.  Here it is the next day and again,  nothing.  I know in not a pro with a $1000 order but I am on a time frame. They've posted on IG more sale stuff but won't even sell what they have and I'm out of leather.  What a joke.  Now I have to start looking all over and I have people looking to get stuff done that I have to put off now.  Great start for trying to start a side business. 

I'd swear I tried to order from them once, but there was something that stopped me from being able to. Been using Zack White in N.C. for the past several orders, and been mostly happy.

I've ordered from them in the past, but only via phone call.  You might try that.

YinTx

1 hour ago, charlesskelter said:

Have you actually purchased anything online from them? 

I emailed asking for info prior to ordering 1/4 and was told to send my number and someone would contact me.  Went ahead and just placed an order 1/9 after never hearing back.  I was told I'd be invoiced within 1-3 days.  Sent a check up email 1/15 as I've heard nothing.  Get told it will be sent by the end of the day.  Here it is the next day and again,  nothing.  I know in not a pro with a $1000 order but I am on a time frame. They've posted on IG more sale stuff but won't even sell what they have and I'm out of leather.  What a joke.  Now I have to start looking all over and I have people looking to get stuff done that I have to put off now.  Great start for trying to start a side business. 

Ordering from the site is new. Last time I ordered everything was done over the phone. I remember them having a policy about not closing out invoices for 2 or 3 days. This helped with people calling back and wanting to change their order.

I'm not a big shot either, but they were nice to me and took good care of my small order.

They are really great to deal with. Just give them a call.

Edited by bikermutt07

My experience with them is much like bikermutt, I have ordered twice if I recall correctly both times it was done by phone for some scraps of exotic leather.  They were willing to take the time to explain things to me and prompt at getting it out, all for a 50.00 order!  They might just be going through growing pains and getting everything organized just a thought, give them a call you never know what can happen!

I've ordered from Maverick twice. Both were orders around $100. Their front desk folks were super courteous and transferred me down to the warehouse crew. The first order I placed they were out of the leather I wanted, but the guy spent a few minutes with me to find something else that would work for my project. I was very happy with them. I think you just have to call instead of place the order online. Hopefully they get the online ordering kinks worked out soon. I'd like to be able to see what's available at their MO warehouse. 

5 minutes ago, pdxley said:

I've ordered from Maverick twice. Both were orders around $100. Their front desk folks were super courteous and transferred me down to the warehouse crew. The first order I placed they were out of the leather I wanted, but the guy spent a few minutes with me to find something else that would work for my project. I was very happy with them. I think you just have to call instead of place the order online. Hopefully they get the online ordering kinks worked out soon. I'd like to be able to see what's available at their MO warehouse. 

I just looked at the MO inventory they show online and didn’t look like they had a big selection yet.

Gary

I just looked at the Maverick website and noticed thoughbred leather, this looks like it would be cool for my belts, has anyone tried this leather

51 minutes ago, nstarleather said:

Thoroughbred is a tannery, associated with Tasman/Acadia if I’m not mistaken.

Not horse leather if that’s what you’re thinking.

Speaking of horse. I have been using some. And I love the pull up on it, but I'm not sure how it compares to cow leather; as far as toughness, wear, patinas?

I know I love the smell of the cxl butt strips (Really doesn't sound right saying it out loud).

Any insight?

Will do.

A little late follow up.  1/18 I got a call and message stating payment request had been sent twice and if I didn't pay for the order by the end of the next day it would be cancelled and reflect on my account. I had yet to find a supplier that had everything I was looking to grab available and thanks to snow I had the day off and was able to return the call.  Turns out whomever tried to invoice me had the email wrong.  Considering that I'd contacted them three times via email and confirmed my email in my order I'm a bit lost as to how that went unnoticed,  but we all have our days.  Went ahead and paid over the phone and was told that my order would go out by the end of the day.  I did receive my invoice immediately after getting off the phone. 

Thanks for the update. Let us know how you like the leather.