RVM45

Weight Belt

Friends,

Not quite sure where to put this. Back in the 70's I had a vinyl weight belt filled with 10-pounds of lead shot. It had velcro fasteners. I wore it under my shirt at all times. It gave me a little extra exercise, but also, it made me feel like I'd gained weight in my mid-section when I sat down to the table prompting me to eat less.

Somehow I let myself outgrow it and I have no idea exactly when and how it flowed down the river of time.

It occurred to me to make one of leather. I'm larger now. Leather is Clever but Plastic is Spastic. Kind of wanted two or three buckles instead of the velcro and I might prefer 15 or 20-pounds rather than 10. It would also need to be a good bit larger that the old belt since I'm much thicker.

Has anyone ever done this? Any suggestions as to leather weight, hardware, etc?

Thank you.

…..RVM45

Maybe show a pic of what you mean? In my head I see something like a weight lifters belt?

Friend,

This is as close as I can find. As I've said, my old belt was vinyl while this one seems to be Nylon. Also, mine had paired horizontal weight pockets rather than these vertical ones. I'd probably be satisfied with this one, If I could buy one large enough to fit.

……RVM45

Weighed Belt.jpg

It sounds to me that you are talking about what the LARPers call a Hero's Belt. Basically a 4-6 inch wide ranger belt with 2-3, 1 inch buckles, (1 buckle for every 2 inches wide). Then add some magazine pouches ( wet formed and sewn on ?) and use a vacuum sealer to make up shot bags to keep the shot from spilling out. You would be able to add or remove weight as you need to.

I hope that helps.

The hero's belt always reminds me of movies like the Seventh Voyage of Sinbad.

Ray