ComputerDoctor

Greetings and salutations from SW Missouri :)

I have just tested positive for 'Leatheritis' and have started going in debt to acquire enough 'stuff' to make some things. So far I've spent about $700 and every time I go to TANDY in Springfield, MO I find more 'stuff' that I just have got to buy:) Amazon PRIME is also getting my business.

I really enjoy Youtube videos and get lots of ideas there.

This forum, that I just joined seems like a wealth of information and I hope to watch and learn and ascertain the art so that my work doesn't look like it was made by a 2 year old:)

So far I have made a few tooled coasters, a few key fobs, a 12in by 12in piece of Veg tanned leather, fully patterned, that I can cut as desired for other projects.

I just finished a Revolver holster for a 357 Snub nose and I think it turned out well for a first attempt.

So far, I have learned to really plan and think things through, as in an intellectual sequence, to make things easier: A, B, C, D, etc instead of A, F,  start again, B, etc.

I have also learned that full size patterns help a lot!

Finally, I am learning that this HOBBY takes LOTS of time and concentration and I now appreciate why hand made Leather products cost so much.

I look forward to participating like I do on many other forums.

Take care!

Sam:rolleyes:

Welcome Sam!  I agree, this forum is a wonderful place to learn more about leatherworking and generate many project ideas.  

Welcome to the forum Sam! Please show us some pics of the holster you made. I'm new to leathercrafting also, and really enjoy seeing everyone's creations. Take care, and God bless.

Wait till you catch / develop "sewing machine collector's syndrome"..then you'll really be "stitched up".

Edited by mikesc

Welcome 

being a sw mo person also. Sunrise beach. Try Springfield leather for some of your stuff and ask about the wholesale membership. I really enjoy the store.

Welcome to the forum Sam

Just a nod to both you Missourians saying Hello from your capital city JC

good day to ya

Floyd

Welcome! My trophy wife pronounces it "Missour-ah". Now, I have to say, she is the only one in her family to do so. But, she is ADAMANT about it. She's a heck of a cook, so I let her have that. (Like I have a say in that).

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here, feel free to avail yourself of it. Do try to use the Search function first, it's likely you're not the first to have a particular question.

Edited by alpha2