alexitbe

Aerostar Servo Motors

Does anyone have any experience of these?

In particular, the  one piece JM 900 series.

http://www.chinalsjm.com/en/products.php?catg_code=product-1

I like the sound of it because it starts from  0 rpm, unlike my Jack servo motor which startrs at 200 rpm.  This would not need a pulley system to slow it down.

Its avilable here in Europe, but I can find nothing on it.

Cheers

Alex

All Motors start at 0 RPM (you have to read between the lines) but as far as I know is the next step is min. 100 or 200 RPM. its not that they have a ramp like 0 - 10 - 20 - 30 - 40.....100... 200. But maybe someone proves me wrong but that at least my experience.

Guess you would buy from Sewtex? They do not have the best reputation from what I have read and my first servo also came from them and did not work at all and the 2nd made an annoying beeeeeep sound and they said it will disappear after 30 hrs or so - it did not.

If you want to buy it ask if the motor REALLY has this speed ramp. But careful with what they answer, their German is very much Russian influenced so things can get lost in translation - if you know what I mean ;)

Edited by Constabulary

Haha.... Constab, what I said sounds so stupid now.... Ofcourse you are correct all machines start at  0 rpm :)

Russian is no problem, remember I am in the East and its seems like the Russians never left ... :o:)

I was going to buy it off ebay.de, since I have found ebay is easiest for returns if there is a problem.

I have the Jack motor and its fine, but goes too fast for sewing the fingers on gloves... Well atleast too fast for me... and I don't want to go to the hassle of another pulley system.  Maybe i will have to.

Cheers

Alex

On 10.11.2017 at 10:58 PM, alexitbe said:

Hi.

In the description it says 750 Watt. On the picture it says 550 Watt. Better check before you buy.

Greets

Ralf C.

On 9.11.2017 at 9:00 PM, alexitbe said:

Does anyone have any experience of these?

In particular, the  one piece JM 900 series.

http://www.chinalsjm.com/en/products.php?catg_code=product-1

I like the sound of it because it starts from  0 rpm, unlike my Jack servo motor which startrs at 200 rpm.  This would not need a pulley system to slow it down.

Its avilable here in Europe, but I can find nothing on it.

Cheers

Alex

Hi.

Mfgr claims a torque of 4 Nm out of 500 Watt at 4500 rpm. If I do the math this gets me 1 Nm.

Greets

Ralf C.

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the reply.  I got a response from the seller and it seems like the whole range JM700-900 has a lowest startup speed of 300 rpm.  This is a surpise since sewtex are advertising the JM700 as starting at 100 rpm..

I am now considering the Ho-sing g60 and I like the simplicity of the sew-pro 550gl.  However, i am not sure we can get it this side of the pond

Hi Constab,

Yes, I have the speed reducer, but that is for my workhorse Durkopp, which needs the power...

Now I need a motor for my glove sewing machines (will post a picture shortly) and for this I need to go really slowly for going around the fingers.  Since Torque is not so important I was thinking of making one and controlling it with an Arduino... But I am a little lazy to do so...

The ho-sing looks hopeful...

Aerostar seem to have another servo motor which has been reported as starting at 100 rpm.. JM-822

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Servo-motor-JM822-650/252760904208?

Alex

3 hours ago, alexitbe said:

Now I need a motor for my glove sewing machines (will post a picture shortly) and for this I need to go really slowly for going around the fingers.  Since Torque is not so important I was thinking of making one and controlling it with an Arduino... But I am a little lazy to do so...

Hi Alex,

talk to Frank Brunnet. http://www.frank-brunnet.com/ He is the Cowboy Bob of our side of the pond. I will probably get one of those  http://www.ebay.de/itm/leiser-230-V-Motor-800-W-passend-für-Industrienähmaschine/322847634323?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649  in the next couple of days.

Greets

Ralf C.

20 hours ago, alexitbe said:

I am now considering the Ho-sing g60 and I like the simplicity of the sew-pro 550gl. However, i am not sure we can get it this side of the pond

That motor was the SewPro 500GR (I have one). About 3 or 4 years ago, after changing the metal the body was made of to aluminum and cutting the top speed in half, causing all manner of problems and complaints from users and dealers, the employees at the factory that built nothing but that motor went out for lunch and never returned.

Hi Wizcraft,

So there is no chance of getting a SewPro then... That is a shame....

I am making gloves and I really need a slow motor...  Any suggestions?

Cheers

Alex

14 hours ago, Kohlrausch said:

Hi Alex,

talk to Frank Brunnet. http://www.frank-brunnet.com/ He is the Cowboy Bob of our side of the pond. I will probably get one of those  http://www.ebay.de/itm/leiser-230-V-Motor-800-W-passend-für-Industrienähmaschine/322847634323?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649  in the next couple of days.

Greets

Ralf C.

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the contact, I had never heard of him.  Do you know the minimum speed of that motor?  I will be interested to  hear your opnion of the motor should you buy it.

Cheers

ALex

Well, I remembered that I had an old Pfaff motor like this below.  Surprisingly I am able to feather the pedal so that I can sew slowly.  Admittedly I cannot control exactly when it stops, but in such cases where I need precise control ie when sewing the finger tips, I can turn the wheel by hand for several stitches.

I have only ever used servo industrial motors, but I might consider using induction motors from now on.  This is not ideal,but then again I cannot find an ideal servo motor either...

image.thumb.jpeg.9a6cb4b05394258691b6b766e9726aad.jpeg

These motors are not bad! Especially for lighter applications - but when you sew slow all the time they tend to become "quite warm" and you can smell it. however they are really nor bad!

I can't read the spec. plate, but that looks like a brush-type motor. The screw at the top looks like a brush-holder mount, in which case it's the same type as found in electric drills etc. (not induction).

On 14.11.2017 at 8:57 AM, alexitbe said:

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the reply.  I got a response from the seller and it seems like the whole range JM700-900 has a lowest startup speed of 300 rpm.  This is a surpise since sewtex are advertising the JM700 as starting at 100 rpm..

I am now considering the Ho-sing g60 and I like the simplicity of the sew-pro 550gl.  However, i am not sure we can get it this side of the pond

Hi,

this appears to be the motor Sailrite is demonstrating here against their MC-SCR-system. They stopped the sewpro - set to slow sewing - with one finger.

Greets

Ralf C.

Edited by Kohlrausch