Lclayton

Quick Release Buckle and Supplier Info?

Hi,

I am working on a gun/everyday belt and am interested in using a Firemens quick release buckle for it. I am thinking of going with the 1.5 inch buckle on a 2 inch belt

I stumbled onto this one in the link and am wondering if anyone has used it before?

What do you think of the quality of it?

Is it a good price? 

Also has anyone ever delt with this company? Are they easy to deal with,reliable?

https://www.churchill-leather.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=QR 

Any experience you can share with me would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you

53 minutes ago, Lclayton said:

Hi,

I am working on a gun/everyday belt and am interested in using a Firemens quick release buckle for it. I am thinking of going with the 1.5 inch buckle on a 2 inch belt

I stumbled onto this one in the link and am wondering if anyone has used it before?

What do you think of the quality of it?

Is it a good price? 

Also has anyone ever delt with this company? Are they easy to deal with,reliable?

https://www.churchill-leather.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=QR 

Any experience you can share with me would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you

Today I learned. I've never seen a buckle like this before. I know it may not fit your design style, but cobra buckles are a bit cheaper than the buckle you had listed ($22usd). Quick release, high strength rated, and if you're doing a black belt the black buckles would blend into the belt and not stand out as much as the chrome or brass. 

Thank you for the reply JerseyFirefighter

I'm pretty set on this buckle for this project so I guess I'll test the waters and order one. Hopefully the buckle will be of good quality and the company good to deal with.

I will definitely keep the Cobra buckle in mind for future projects though.

My next belt I'll be making after this one will be a mechanics belt...thinking I'll probably end up making my own 2 prong buckle for it though I am open to any sources for cheap mechanics buckles if you might know of any?

http://abbeyengland.com/Store/txtSearch/Buckle/ProductID/68508

They start at £7.00. You have to register with them to see prices and there may be import duty at your end as well as p&p. Mind you, the £ is probably worth about 50c at the moment.

There was a kickstarter a while ago ... Ha! Found it ...