Hello Learned and helpful Leather guru's

I am a holster-maker, always tell folks I don't make double mag holders, never tell them I am too dense in the Pumpkin to figure out how to make the jig for a double. Yesterday I got in my general purpose shop and made some better single mag jigs, I attempted to make a few doubles.

I make the singles by attaching a formed wood mag pattern to a board, I cut out a (Hard Plastic) cutting board of my wife's for the top, (I don't think she has missed it yet..) a U-shaped piece slightly larger than the wood bottom, then press the leather in-between. works OK.

My question is how do you folks pattern the doubles? The center forming piece for the top has me stumped, the middle is so thin, I don't think my cutting board top will be strong enough to press it down on the wet leather so I can hold pressure.

Help!!!!!

Jim, Lost in Missouri

and thank you for your help.

Can't wait to see the replies. I suppose you could make the pouch as a double-wide single, and just use a tool to press in the center divider. That might require a lot of practice to get it looking right. I'm sure there's an easier way!

I made these Jigs, guessing I can mold in the center... Made more for different mags

Mag holders with Glock double stack.JPG

Mag holders.JPG

I ONLY do flat back holsters.  With this one exception.  My double mag holders are old school 50/50 molds.  I cut, glue, stitch, then shove the mags in.  I'm not saying you can't make a jig for this, I'm sure you could.  I just found that it was quicker to drop back to the 50/50 for this one thing.  

I think the trick to jig molding the front is that you will have to use pretty thin leather to press down in the middle.  Or, you could use the middle between the mags for some style of retention screw so you don't have to mold it all the way down.  

made this one from plywood, used the mags wrapped in a ziplock and another plywood under. squeezed it together with c clamps and a long jaw vise grip for the middle

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG