JimDavies

Guitar Strap 'How to' and Free Pattern

Thanks for the pattern. However, Firefox throws up a warning about phishing and malware being redirected to a Youtube site?

6 hours ago, cradom said:

Thanks for the pattern. However, Firefox throws up a warning about phishing and malware being redirected to a Youtube site?

Hi. Well I have no idea what that is about but thanks for telling me. One is a link to Youtube which everybody uses and the other is just my blog.... I don't think there are any issues my end if that helps.

2 hours ago, cradom said:

Didn't have any problem getting the .pdf, just got this when I clicked the link:

Hmmmm. Yeah, Jimdo is a free (and popular) blogger site that I've used without issue for years. I can't comment on the warning that popped up; just to say that I'm running Avast on Firefox and don't get any warnings like that. I wonder what I can do about it. Thanks anyway.

In the meantime, I've attached the .PDF here in case anyone is wary about my link.

guitarStrap.pdf

Edited by JimDavies

3 hours ago, SamB said:

I've noticed this warning shows up if you click on the link that is on the first post; somehow, the link goes through youtube and shows this message o youtube. But if one clicks on the link that is below the video on JimDavies' youtube chanel, that warning doesn't show up and goes directly onto the site.

That's right. So why does Youtube flag up my link here? Strange.

9 hours ago, JimDavies said:

That's right. So why does Youtube flag up my link here? Strange.

I find it strange too, and to be honest I think the problem isn't your site or this forum, but something related to youtube.

I've seen this happen on other sites when there's a third party involved!

Looks like you copied and pasted the link to your blog from the page at youtube where you have your video..
the source code of your link reads ..
***https://www.youtube.com/redirect?v=6sKMsa_kAU0&event=video_description&q=https%3A%2F%2Fkobe-beefy.jimdo.com%2Ftutorials%2F&redir_token=xRUAk3vRStsPKth8beX9JGPmaRV8MTUxMDYzMTEyNUAxNTEwNTQ0NzI1***
and is sending browsers from this page at leatherworker.net onwards ( via a "no follow" link ) out to youtube and then through youtube's redirect system to your blog.

That will make some browsers suspect a "link highjack"..and so they'll give a warning.
firefox 51 on linux gives the warning page shown in the screen captures above.
Problem is firefox gives the wrong warning.
There is nothing wrong with your page at jimdo..the only problem is that clicking your link is sending a browser through youtube's redirect system to get there..the techs at jimdo won't find any problems on your page..but if they come to this page, and look at the source code of your link..they'll understand what is going on :-)

the source code of the link directly to your blog should look like this.
***https://kobe-beefy.jimdo.com/tutorials/ ***
but with href link tags around it,( which would be where I have indicated by three asterisks like *** and *** ) which this forum software very frustratingly rewrites each time I try to add them ( the href tags ) manually.

when the browser ( I just tested this on firefox 51 64 bit on linux ) isn't being sent to your blog via youtube's redirect system there is no problem and no warning..because your page is safe :-)

If anyone copies and pastes this next line

https://kobe-beefy.jimdo.com/tutorials/

into their browser, they'll go directly to your page where you were trying to send them.

Edited by mikesc