jayker2002

WTB - Landis Model 30 Splitter Machine

Hello all, 

I'm looking to buy a good Landis Model 30 splitter machine for myself. Really need it to finish some work. I want to get a good one because I dont want to restore it. (not easy to find parts in Canada). 

I live in Toronto, Canada. If anyone has a good Landis 30 for sale, please DM me the price + shipping to my house. 

Thank you so much, 

s-l400.jpg

I think you're going to have a rough time trying to find one for a reasonable price. In the past year, prices have skyrocketed. I've seen quite a few restored machines go for $1500-$2000 USD plus shipping which I think is insane.

26 minutes ago, sgircys said:

I think you're going to have a rough time trying to find one for a reasonable price. In the past year, prices have skyrocketed. I've seen quite a few restored machines go for $1500-$2000 USD plus shipping which I think is insane.

Last time I saw someone selling it at $1000 for this (fully restored). I dont think $1500-$2000 is a right price. The newest one from http://landisinternational.ca/ca-en/landis-splitter.html is just $2205 CAD (around $1900 USD). 

People should know how much it could be. I just want to give myself a try. 

Thanks 

11 hours ago, jayker2002 said:

Last time I saw someone selling it at $1000 for this (fully restored). I dont think $1500-$2000 is a right price. The newest one from http://landisinternational.ca/ca-en/landis-splitter.html is just $2205 CAD (around $1900 USD). 

People should know how much it could be. I just want to give myself a try. 

Thanks 

Take a look at http://www.leightons.ca/used-landis-30.html  You will have to email them for a price.

Tom

Oh, I would love one of these.. .Unfortunately, as the others have said... Good luck!

What I don't understand is that the Chinese are producing these now and I think you can get them off alibaba for around a Grand...  I thought this would bring used prices down to something reasonable...  But no

ALex

2 hours ago, alexitbe said:

Oh, I would love one of these.. .Unfortunately, as the others have said... Good luck!

What I don't understand is that the Chinese are producing these now and I think you can get them off alibaba for around a Grand...  I thought this would bring used prices down to something reasonable...  But no

ALex

I saw some Vintage American with a good price right now on eBay, but I would like to try Landis. I dont know it's much different or something different but I would like to try. 

:)

You just have to keep looking through your area classifieds, estate sales, etc... I had been looking for quite awhile and was lucky to find one last year for $400. I did have to drive three hours round trip to get it but it was well worth it.

Landis.png

9 hours ago, David Bruce said:

You just have to keep looking through your area classifieds, estate sales, etc... I had been looking for quite awhile and was lucky to find one last year for $400. I did have to drive three hours round trip to get it but it was well worth it.

Landis.png

You're so lucky to find this machine at that price. That's awesome.

my problem is I live in Canada, and it's really hard to find. Even on eBay, the price right now is around $600-700 :(

4 hours ago, jayker2002 said:

You're so lucky to find this machine at that price. That's awesome.

my problem is I live in Canada, and it's really hard to find. Even on eBay, the price right now is around $600-700 :(

I'm sure that they are around. I don't even bother with ebay unless I'm desperate or looking for something like a rare part.