RetiredTom

Searching For Minimalist Wallet Pattern

Good Morning. 

Im new. I've made several knife slips for folding pocket knives and that's it. I feel more comfortable now with pushing it a little farther. I'm looking for a Minimalist wallet pattern. Something with a small footprint and thinner than a regular wallet. Carry 4 or 5 cards and some folding money (no change). 

Any help would be very appreciated. 

Thanks

Black River Laser has some great templates. I also like to use Wuta leather's templates. And, JLS leather had some free PDFs for download. (Haven't checked in on him in awhile, though)

One piece of advice.....

Start several of the same project at the same time. Then, when you botch a piece you don't have to start completely over. And it will give you more time with each step. This will help the learning curve.

I agree with Mutt. Look up Jlsleather he has some free patterns you can print off his website. They work well and you can do a few at a time with little invested into leather. He also sells small leather pieces to do projects. Since he is moving again he probably having another clear out.lol

Great to know.  Thank you Sir  

Here's one I made from four pieces of leather. Pretty simple. Don't know if that helps or not.

-Ryan

2017-10-15.jpg.e078470a1bd347e7a2147e441cf0d6d8.jpg

Tom,

here is a simple, design I have started to carry to the pub. I can carry my travel card and bank card and some folding cash. It is slim and not noticeable (to pickpockets). If I do lose it I know exactly what I have lost, not a whole wallet full of cards to cancel.

its only three bits of leather and, as Bikermutt says, cut a few bits and play about with it. I have made several different designs and have shown one example alongside a plain one.

IMG_2525.thumb.JPG.78dacc1baf05e0a18bfe506f81b0db9b.JPG

Thanks Rolandranch and Dunluce, these are exactly what I was looking for !

Thanks for your help !

Tom

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, Rolandranch said:

Here's one I made from four pieces of leather. Pretty simple. Don't know if that helps or not.

-Ryan

2017-10-15.jpg.e078470a1bd347e7a2147e441cf0d6d8.jpg

What leather weight is this wallet made of?

43 minutes ago, PiggyPete said:

What leather weight is this wallet made of?

3oz I think. I got it out of a scrap bin at Tandy.

Great ideas. I'm also looking for minimalist patterns with a sewn in ID card window. I've never sewn in a window, so this will be a new experience.

Through serendipitous web links, I found Bellroy's site. Bellroy is a leather company based down in Australia, and they have a great variety of leather goods for sale. 
Among them is a slim wallet. The web page <https://bellroy.com/slim-your-wallet-new> contains an animated photo of the wallet pattern, cut out in pieces, and how it is assembled.
I found myself watching the repeating video over and over for about 10 minutes, noting different details.