I am pondering working with moose hide an was wondering if any one could give me any advise as too Durability, Strength, is it good for lace , anything at all you could share. Do you have photo's of your works with moose leather.

Would love any advise you all have for me.

Thanks

Dan

I had a friend that had a pair of bronc chaps made from a moose hide back in about 1954.   As I recall,  they were pretty heavy leather but very soft and pliable.  They seemed to wear pretty good until somebody liked them too much and stole them

I have some Elk hides which I suppose are pretty close to Moose hides??

they’re very soft and stretchy.  The leather I have was meant for shoes. Beautiful leather though,

I've talked with several people here in Alaska that work with Moose leather to make hats and moccasins, by all reports it is much preferred to work with, tougher than Deer and Elk, softer than Cow hide. Where do you plan to get it from?  -Jake

Edited by Jake907

I own a pair of moosehide mukluks- a local shop makes them. Very tough, durable hide.