Uwe

Durkopp Adler 467-FA373 complete $800

Black Friday + Black Wednesday Special. Black Friday because of Thanksgiving week. Black Wednesday because my makerspace TechShop unexpectedly went bankrupt last Wednesday and I had to move all my stuff home on a day's notice, including a large CNC mill I was refurbishing there. I now really have no room to turn around in my garage and something's gotta give or go. So here goes ...

This Durkopp Adler 467 is a full function machine with automatic back tack, reverse via thumb toggle switch, alternate walking foot height via knee switch, and thread cutter. Efka motor and controls are nice and smooth. All you need is a 3-phase converter and an air line. 

Oil pump works nicely, even at slow count-along speeds. I verified this by taking the top off and observing the oil dropping at various speeds. 

No shipping, sorry. Pick up only in the Detroit area.

IMG_9410.jpgIMG_9411.jpgIMG_9412.jpgIMG_9413.jpg

I made a sewing demo video a few months ago:

Oh man! I wish I was closer, that is such a good deal! Who ever gets it is going to have a sweet machine at an incredibly affordable price. Thanks Uwe

Hi Uwe,

I'm interested in this but also a bit ignorant as to what the air is for. It's not a deal breaker, nor is the three phase but if you could enlighten me it could make the decision a bit easy

Thanks John

9 hours ago, JD62 said:

Hi Uwe,

I'm interested in this but also a bit ignorant as to what the air is for. It's not a deal breaker, nor is the three phase but if you could enlighten me it could make the decision a bit easy

Thanks John

The Adler 467-FA373 uses internal air cylinders to actuate levers for functions like reverse, foot lift, walking height, and thread trimming. The buttons you press (or the Efka controller) send electric signals to open or close air valves that supply compressed air to the cylinders to do the work. I used a CAT- 4610AC-B compressor from California air tools which works great and doesn't wake up the neighbors when it kicks in. 

Some machines (e.g. the Durkopp Adler 1183i) use electric solenoids instead of air cylinders to move levers and don't require an air line.

Wow, very nice, such a deal.

Sorry to hear about the bankruptcy, hope it doesn't land on you too much Uwe

12 hours ago, Uwe said:

The Adler 467-FA373 uses internal air cylinders to actuate levers for functions like reverse, foot lift, walking height, and thread trimming. The buttons you press (or the Efka controller) send electric signals to open or close air valves that supply compressed air to the cylinders to do the work. I used a CAT- 4610AC-B compressor from California air tools which works great and doesn't wake up the neighbors when it kicks in. 

Some machines (e.g. the Durkopp Adler 1183i) use electric solenoids instead of air cylinders to move levers and don't require an air line.

Aha! thank you for clearing that up....I've worked on a lot of machinery but sewing machines have always been a mystery.