JeannieH

Walking foot that lets you sew very close to edge

Hi! What kind of inner presser foot for a walking machine lets you sew very close to the edge? Do I have to make one from a regular foot attachment? Thanks!

It could be a better option to call Bob and mention the situation. http://www.tolindsewmach.com/

I suspect he has some left and right presser feet or a set. Similar to some of the zipper feet sets. Below is 1 photo of many from their site. Its sure possible to get these many places and from the machinery dealers that frequent the site so this is one option. 

Floyd

https://www.google.com/search?q=singer+111+left+side+presser+foot&client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4suL62s7XAhVC2IMKHX77D8kQ_AUIEygC&biw=375&bih=553#imgrc=rBHFMxpMYf8TkM:

Should there be much play in the feed dog. I’m getting skipped stitches on a bag..a skived later and full layer of 4 ounce. When I sew on the same leather but scrap....no skipped stitches. I do t have any glue where I’m sewing..I’m very confused and frustrated lol! I will upload a video in a sec. gotta get to my computer.

Edited by JeannieH
Added video

give it some time for a response from one of three people concerning this, however you didn't mention make and model of the machine that might help when looking for the answer.  But look for Wizcraft, Uwe, or maybe even Cowboy bob to answer your question, or post another new posting with your video and direct the question to one of the 3.

good luck!

Ok thanks. When I sewed the front (I was sewing the back) on I got less skipping. There must be something at play with the leather..maybe I got glue on the part I stitched...I have a consew 227r.