DominickTuroski

Singer 111W155 Capabilities?

Hello there, I've come across a 111w155 for sale for 450$ Not sure of the condition. It claims to be in working order but looks a bit beat up. From what I've seen, people have just been sewing upholstery leather and thick fabric. I would need it to go through 2 layers of 5-6 ounce veg or a layer of 7-8 + a 2-3 ounce veg backing. Looking to do belts and maybe some wallets. Thats another thing. Is it a bit too beastly to handle small 2-3 ounce wallet sewing? I would be able to go try it out but its quite far, so I want to see if its worth the trip. Anything to look out for if I go test it out? All info is appreciated! 

Have a good one!

I plan on using a leather point needle as well

Yes,it should sew close to a total of 20oz of leather.You'll need to use #69 thread to sew the 2-3 oz & maybe even loosen the tension alittle but it should handle that too.What is nice about this machine is we have all the parts,screws,feet,needles & etc in stock for it.

Wonderful, thank you!

If your starting out you will want a servo motor and/or a speed reducer rather then the standard clutch motor.  I also notice they come with the welt-foot (makes the round-rolled seams) not bad to have but you will also want to get a set of regular feet.  The 111 has an internal belt and a clutch, you will want to check the condition of the internal belt and make sure its not ready to fall apart  I'm sure there are other things to look out for but those are the major things I can think of.