I am new to the site and have been enjoying reading and researching. You folks are so knowledgeable and talented!

I recently purchased a great industrial which has all the features I wanted..except the speed demon clutch motor.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to where to order a good Servo from in Canada?

And what are you all doing with the old swapped out clutch motors...does anyone want them anymore?

Looking forward to your comments

Your profile doesn't tell what part of Canada you are in but on the west coast I look to Mason Sewing Company for my servo motors and parts.  Talk to Marc, he is very helpful and knowledgeable. 

https://www.masonsewingmachine.ca/

As far as the used clutch motors, I have about 15 of them in storage. I haven't been able to figure out a use for them yet.

12 hours ago, seamsIsew said:

Does anyone have a recommendation as to where to order a good Servo from in Canad

Techsew in Montreal, @Techsew Ron is a member here and has a banner ad at the top of the page.  Each time you refresh, new ads will be displayed.  Another member @catskin is in Saskatoon and may be able to direct you to someone closer.

1 hour ago, Sonydaze said:

Your profile doesn't tell what part of Canada you are in

According to the IP address, he/she is in Swift Current Saskatchewan.

Tom

Thank You for the ideas to try. Yes  Swift Current is my area so Saskatoon will be the place to start searching. 

I have not been on here for a long time BUT I have found it much less costly to order from Toledo sewing machines than buying in Saskatoon.  When I bought thread in Saskatoon it was $75.00   a lbs. in Toledo it was $15.00 so even with shipping it was the right thing to do and it got to me sooner.

Yeah, everything in Canada costs as much, as if there was no concept of commercial distribution known to Canadian vendors. It feels like they buy each item at the retail price from the States, pay the general public's shipping rates and HST, then tally it all up ad come up with Canadian retail prices. Undercutting this crooked crowd makes me so pleased! I wish they all go bankrupt, greedy jerks.

For a Canadian source for thread, you could try Techsew in Montreal.  Prices are better than in Sask!  http://www.techsew.com/supplies/sewing-thread.html

There is someone in the Vancouver area too that I saw posted here some time ago.  It is worth doing a little research to find good sources, USA or Canada.

I ordered thread from a company in the USA that supports this website (and shall remain nameless) a while back.  I ordered 1# of each black, white, dark brown in 69, 138 and 207 expecting to get matching colours in each size.  Brown was very inconsistent, with some of it being straw/gold coloured; not brown at all!  So then I had to order more to get matching colours in all sizes.  I didn't attempt to return it since I would have more cross border hassles.  If the supplier had been a Canadian firm, I would have returned it since I would only be dealing with shipping.

I try to avoid cross border purchases if I can find the same or equivalent from a Canadian source for a comparable price looking at exchange rates, shipping, taxes, duty and item cost all totaled up.  To me it only makes good business sense to avoid some of the cross border hassles where possible.  I also won't have items shipped by UPS or FedEx due to their excessive brokerage charges.

Tom

I just bought a full shopping bag of polyester #69-90 thread at CDN$2.50 a cone overseas in various colors (not available anywhere in Canada) and paid $10 for shipping to my door. No Canadian supplier would ever come even close.