GrimR

Hello from the West coast of Norfolk, England

I have just started leatherwork having got into it through taking up the banjo. I wanted to make a strap so bought an Inkle Loom, but hadn't thought how to attach the strap to the banjo, in comes the idea of leather. I have now made 3 straps! I then wanted a coin pouch, but one that would hold cards and maybe a single note. My other half thought it so good she wanted one as well. The next projects are a new cover for my 'Filofax', a 'Man-bag' to hold it and wallets, I find my pockets bulge with wallet, coin purse and other small things I find I cannot go out without, like a small camera.

So found this website and forum and have sat for a couple of evenings just trawling.

Banjo & Strap P1000500.jpg

P1000682.jpg

hello and welcome!!!

That is a GREAT coin wallet! I need to make something like that!

Oh and welcome! :rolleyes:

Couple of very neat jobs to start off with. As recommended by other people on this site, to hone your skills in the first instance, try making a few dozen of a small article, I started with drink coasters, and practice practice practice.

If you make a blunder, its not cost a heap of money. Put your mistake aside until you need a small piece of leather for some other test or practice piece, like dyeing or painting, skiving or stitching or any other thing.

Way better than cutting a small scrap of good leather to check out a dye colour.

Thanks Talaman, that was in fact the first coin pouch and my first project, if you look closely you can see that the card 'slots' are stitched on the outside. My second one had the card slots stitched on the inside.