SheltathaLore

Chronicling my adventures with non-lasted heels!

My prop game for this costume was A+, and I'm quite proud of myself, even if I didn't have time to stitch down the applique and stitch teh straps (yay for Barge Cement!)  Aside from the shoes, the mask is heat-formed smoked acrylic, and I machined the jewelry from brass and powder-coated the black areas.

D1Sf8uQ.jpg

A few more costume photos, because I'm proud of this thing, even if it does need more work before I take it to its next con:

U2FQ6wI.jpg

PR0w2SI.jpg

w7deaH1.jpg

...I suck at posing, okay.  I'm still pretty pleased with how I got such a nice tailored fit from non-stretch fabric - it's all silk that I hand-dyed.  With about fifteen yards of horsehair to keep it from being a sad floppy mess.

FfThK7q.jpg

I never did get a good picture of the back detailing, which was really nice with piping and stuff.  Maybe next time!

So? What has happened? You can’t stop the story now! This is so cool!

After remaking the dress, I won Best Craftsmanship at a tiny con over the summer, and more excitingly, at a medium-sized con in October.  I am immensely proud of myself, and I'm definitely planning to show it off at some bigger cons next year! 

You did a great job! Such a cool costume. I’ve never heard of Tales of Berseria. Is it a book series, or a comic, or a game?