moconnor

Best leather to use for a man's vest with conceal carry pocket.

Use very thin and pre dyed leather, . . . make sure you also line it with some satin like material.  

Leather vests that are made from heavier leather get really hot, . . . really quick.

Make your gun pocket between the two pieces, . . . and toward the outside piece, . . . glue in a piece of Tandy's bag stiffener, . . . you can then put velcro on it, . . . and velcro attach any type of holster you choose.

May God bless,

Dwight

It would be awesome to see some pictures of a ccw vest!

I would like to get a pattern for a CCW Vest . 

1 hour ago, chapelstone said:

I would like to get a pattern for a CCW Vest . 

chapelstone, . . . if you have a buddy that has one, . . . borrow his before you go into the trouble of making one, . . . or heaven forbid the price of buying one.

I've got a couple of them, . . . and if I could get my money and effort back that I've got in them, . . . I'd do it in a NY minute.

You have to carry something small and/or lightweight, . . . no 1911, . . . no Python, . . . not even a Glock 19.

AND, . . . it is pretty easy to spot a vest carrier, . . . they also have a habit of standing out on the LEO radar, . . . if there is a reason for them to be watching.

But good luck, . . . lots of people do like them, . . . and they do work out for some folks, . . . I'm just not one of them.

May God bless,

Dwight

5 hours ago, Willie0 said:

It would be awesome to see some pictures of a ccw vest!

Go to ebay, . . . ccw leather vest.

Bunches on there from 20 to 200 bucks.

Also search for 511 clothing, . . . they make one, . . . I have one, . . . it is a XL closet adornment.

May God bless,

Dwight

Most vests sold for riding bike have a CCW pocket in them now days. I never use mine. It's where I put my phone.lol Like Dwight said they tend to bulge.

Thanks. I bought a pattern and was going to add the pocket inside as it is not a conceal pattern. I have a denim vest that I really like just like this only denim https://www.milwaukeemotorcycleclothing.com/apparel/mens/vests/interstate-leather-bishop-vest-tall

I preach and want one that is Western style but nice. Since I started doing leather just thought I would check out making one. Here is the pattern I bought. https://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/19531

Again, thanks for all the comments