Equiplay Saddlery

My Second Bible Cover

This is a Bible cover I just finished as a wedding gift for a young couple at church. The bride’s parents wanted to do a family Bible for them. I’ve known both since they were kids so it was an honor to make it for them. Hope y’all like it. The bride and groom won’t know about it until our pastor uses this Bible to marry them.  Kind of cool.  I used 6 ounce Wickett and Craig calf skin and Feibings saddle tan pro dye with mohagany antique. 

8CE19219-98BC-4FE8-9367-8137FB0B365A.jpeg

54CCD7F2-6C5A-4A59-9F16-B686CC76C979.jpeg

DFCCBAD1-D6B8-41CE-8E0A-B1C6E93AC308.jpeg

1FEA5A0C-9194-42B8-B089-F6B43F70B856.jpeg

That is beautiful work! I hope the marriage outlasts the cover.

5 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Thanks battlemunky. That’s the first time I’ve done that tooling pattern on something that big. It’s definitely a challenging pattern to run well and I’m hoping the same thing for their marriage. 

Did you use one of those geometric grid templates to keep it all straight? I have had them in my Tandy cart for a year and haven't bought them yet.

Again, amazing work.

47 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Thanks battlemunky. That’s the first time I’ve done that tooling pattern on something that big. It’s definitely a challenging pattern to run well and I’m hoping the same thing for their marriage.  

Edited by Equiplay Saddlery

No I haven’t seen those. I guess I need to look them up. I just squared up a vertical line and stamped it from the center out. Then used a straight edge to mark a line along the edge of that row and worked out from there. 

18 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Did you use one of those geometric grid templates to keep it all straight? I have had them in my Tandy cart for a year and haven't bought them yet.

Again, amazing work.

Edited by Equiplay Saddlery

Beautiful!  Inspiration for me to finish mine.  I have not heard good things about the W&C calf carving leather, but that looks fantastic.  How was it to work with?

YinTx

4 hours ago, beltbuckles said:

REALLY REALLY NICE

Thanks beltbuckles. 

5 hours ago, YinTx said:

Beautiful!  Inspiration for me to finish mine.  I have not heard good things about the W&C calf carving leather, but that looks fantastic.  How was it to work with?

YinTx

I like it. I’ve been using it for a while now and never had a problem. The last piece a got had a few more soft spots than the previous ones but it still tools and feels really nice. 

Do you know what grade it was?  I was looking at the various sites that have it available, and there are several grades with respective pricing...

Thanks!

YinTx

16 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Do you know what grade it was?  I was looking at the various sites that have it available, and there are several grades with respective pricing...

Thanks!

YinTx

It’s just their standard calf carving. 

Very nice...fine heirloom workmanship.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:25 AM, Double Daddy said:

Very nice...fine heirloom workmanship.

Thanks.