Sign in to follow this  
JREESER1

I am looking for a flap holster pattern for the recent Browning 1911-22

As the title topic says; I've tried Google and the 2 billion topic subjects in Leather Worker patterns. Something might have been there but I missed it. The gun is about 80% of an original 1911 full size. Browning sells a replica flap holster for the 1911-22 for about $50.00 that is ok in quality and material but the boy wants PaPa to make one. I have a Cobra 4 and have done lots of different holsters. I just wanted to save some time, material and energy with a decent pattern, (I know I can make a trial and error pattern but at this stage in life easier is better!) I think it would be keen to craft one for posterity, an heirloom. I am getting on in age and slowing down. Two bouts of Big "C" has taken its toll and I want to do as much as possible before I can't anymore.  

Funny, as a kid I bet I had 10 old 45  Army surplus GI holsters filled with a Hubley 1911 cap gun. And one containing several a million caps, one filled with rock-dirt clod grenades, spent casings an other treasures, But alas they are all gone. Any suggestions will help.

THANKS!

jr

Hello, I am not a holster maker by any means. But I have made a few holsters that are exactly what I am looking for. What I have done is lay the pistol on a piece of card stock that I steal from my wife and trace around the gun comping up with a pattern that covers how you want. I have even taken my rough pattern and staple it together to figure out the sewing lines. If you take your time its not that hard. Where I always struggle is if I make a thumb break. Figuring out the location of the snap can make me nervous. Also I need to figure out where to buy good leather. The only supplier I know of in my area is Tandy where I can look see and smell. And I have bought lousy leather. I am not  a pro by any means but its satisfying 

My 2 cents, Jim

You could scale down a full size pattern I would think.

Thanks, you two. I did just that by using a borrowed GI issue WWII holster, from a buddy. I guess I was wishing for a little quicker (read lazier) way.