Yanni

Turning/Folding Edge tool

I need the tool that this guys uses, to fold skived leather edges, where can I get one please, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

It's a bone folder. You can get them out of bone,plastic,or metal. Any leather supplier will have them.

29 minutes ago, Mattsbagger said:

It's a bone folder. You can get them out of bone,plastic,or metal. Any leather supplier will have them.

I agree that one end looks like a standard bone folder, but the opposite end is curved - I haven’t seen a bone folder like this before.  The bone folder I use is flat all the way.

Gary

I have one from Tandy that is bone, and curved. Point on one end round on the other.

I think he meant "cupped", as opposed to curved. I have the bone folder also, pointed at one end and curved at the other, but the metal one in the video is cupped so as to fold the flap over while running along the edge. I wonder if it was home made. You could sort of do the same with the bone folder and your fingers. I thought the perforated stiffener paper was unique. You can tell when he tears it off that it was only attached at a few points along the length.

6 hours ago, alpha2 said:

I think he meant "cupped", as opposed to curved. I have the bone folder also, pointed at one end and curved at the other, but the metal one in the video is cupped so as to fold the flap over while running along the edge. I wonder if it was home made. You could sort of do the same with the bone folder and your fingers. I thought the perforated stiffener paper was unique. You can tell when he tears it off that it was only attached at a few points along the length.

Thant's exactly what I meant Alpha - if you lay the folder flat on a table it will not lay flat because it is cupped at the large end.

Gary

Keep in mind that piece of leather looks like it was run through a skiving machine before it was creased and folded with the bone.

That's true, Mark842. Pieces do generally need to be skived to crease and fold them. 

why not asked the guy who made the video via the YouTube comment section?