Sheilajeanne

There Are Some Good Tandy People Out There!

The nearest Tandy outlet to me has rarely let me down. The leatherworking classes that started me in this hobby were first rate, and there's always someone who seems to know how to answer any questions I have. Several staff member that I've met are really into leatherworking as a hobby, and love to share ideas and tips when they aren't serving customers, and have the time to chat.

They had a special online Black Friday sale recently, and for the first time, I ordered stuff online. It was shipped the same day. They packaged it up so well that I had a hard time getting the box open!

When I did get it open, they'd included their latest catalogue and flyer. I'd also ordered a messenger bag kit, and when I opened that up, I found they'd thrown in a nice little bonus: a Tandy carrying bag, the sort you can use for groceries if you don't want to use plastic.

They also included a notice about a change of address. They are moving to a new location in February.

I wish them the best of luck in their new spot! 

There's a reason they're still up and operating at so many locations.  I, for one, am NOT a detractor of Tandy - especially the staff.  Thanks for bringing up the matter.

My experience with the staff has varied. I like the manager we have now. The prices vs. quality have always been slanted though.

The Birmingham, AL store is great and the clerks, especially the manager, are knowledgeable and friendly. The ones in the Columbia, SC store are hit and miss.

Edmonton Alberta Tandy Leather has always had friendly, helpful, extremely knowledgeable staff. 

Their sales team are all long term employees who have a wealth of experience and expertise between them. 

Chas

I'll add to this list of positives,  Saskatoon Saskatchewan's Tandy.

Manager Mr Kazi Shujah has been great to deal with.

I live in Regina, where there is no Tandy, and I totally trust him to select the best leather he can send me in my price range.

He has even called me to clarify before filling the order.

I have been in his store to meet him and Mrs Shujah, very personable folk.

Hey, I know Tandy has its downside, with quality issues on a lot of its stuff, but I still like to give credit where credit is due! 

Interesting how most of us giving positive reviews of Tandy are from Canada! Maybe things are a little different here than they are in the U.S.

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Never had a problem with the staff. All I have met are top notch in customer service OR leather working. And over the years I have met a FEW who were BOTH. The company on the other hand... the quality of the goods... ESPECAILY the prices! .... If you can't say anything nice ....

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, cowboycolonel said:

There's a reason they're still up and operating at so many locations.  I, for one, am NOT a detractor of Tandy - especially the staff.  Thanks for bringing up the matter.

The recent holiday sale is much better than the normal retail prices. The nearest location for me is 74 miles one way. Not so great when leasing a car. So its mail order for me. I also learn from books, video and some trial and error no convenient classes near home. They closed the store in my city several years ago. Long before I began considered trying leather craft as a hobby. I'm currently not good enough at leather craft to open a store locally.

Edited by ContactCement

On December 7, 2017 at 7:04 PM, ChasCS said:

Edmonton Alberta Tandy Leather has always had friendly, helpful, extremely knowledgeable staff. 

Their sales team are all long term employees who have a wealth of experience and expertise between them. 

Chas

I should add this pic to my post...

Our Tandy location, won a customer appreciation award.

Chas

image.jpeg