So after much reading here and watching tons of videos I made a decision on buying the CB3200. 

I gave Bob at Toledo Industrial a call made a short 2.5 hr drive up to him. He walked me around the machine showing me the oil points how to thread the needle, wind the bobbins. I also got the left and right feet with roller guide and the inline feet and a couple bobbins of thread. 

Got it home and set up quickly. Now time to do some practice before I figure out what the first pice will be. 

image.jpg

Edited by Fire88

Hey Jason,It was great to meet you today,I'm glad to see you made it home & are ready to start stitching up some leather.Be sure to show us what you made.

Thanks for choosing Cowboy

I'm already doing some test runs on some scrap while I get the hang of it all. 

Thanks Again Bob. 

I got a 4500 from Bob a few months ago. Beast of machine!

A good bit of testing and playing with the machine last night and this morning sewing scrap pieces. 

I'm delighted with how it performs and what I'll be able to do in short time with it. 

I tried sewing two pieces of saddle skirt and it sewed it well at speed but slowing way down it hung up a tad. I'm assuming I just need to go up a needle size and it'll sew flawlessly through the thick dense leather. 

First piece off of it ended up being for my brother. 

IMG_2730.JPG

Edited by Fire88

Hey Jason,that looks pretty darn good !!

32 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Hey Jason,that looks pretty darn good !!

Thanks Bob, used the inline feet to sew all of it. They were a dream for sewing around the belt clip. 

After a couple days with this machine practice/learning Friday night and Saturday today I sewed two holsters a card wallet and a dead weight. My confidence with the machine is quickly growing as I’m learning how to anticipate its next stitch placement on curves. The ability of this machine to creep along one stiith at a time is amazing especially when sewing curved lines. 

First bag off the new machine, it’s not perfect due the user getting heavy footed a couple times.

B1CF9CC7-F08B-4A9E-A7E7-A1CBA9C545CC.jpeg

4D5F162A-6A2D-419B-BEDB-0D46F2162F80.jpeg

Looking good there Jason, the more you practice the better it'll get!

12 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Looking good there Jason, the more you practice the better it'll get!

Thanks Bob, still on that learning curve and I’m figuring it at a little at a time, luckily this was a practice bag that I’ll use around the shop.

Keep practicing and it start to be more fun than worry and your first pieces look way better than some of the runaway Frankenstein stitching I start off with... and can still get especially if tired...time to stop for sure.

I can identify with the heavy foot. My table machine is a clutch deal and sometimes when it start to speed up my brain tells my foot to put on the brakes so... push down on the pedal.. weird but that's what happens. I have fooling with the top end limiter which is just changing the connector rod length but I think I need to actual use both or something fixed to stop the pedal from going too far down... I envy you  servo folks which allows you a solid top speed limit.

Enjoy it and keep showing us the progress.

That's what I am looking at. I can kick myself, I sold my cobra 4 about three years ago, medical issues. Finally time has come for me to work some more leather. It gets into your blood for sure.