Kovant

Brass lock and escutcheons pins

Hi

I want to buy some locks (English round lock from abbeyengland)
I think the locks come with escutcheons pins (if I’m wrong please let me know) and I want to know if someone knows some tool to put the escutcheons pins on the right way.
Thanks

They used to come with escutcheon pins but the last few I bought did not include them. I had to buy a bag of pins from abbey and they were a swine to use as I think they are brass-plated steel and very hard to burr over. In frustration I found a musical instrument supplier who sold solid brass rivets which did a better job than the original escutcheon pins. Hope that helps.

I would like to make another question, Gary.

I’m gonna buy in abbeyengland dee rings,  buckles and trigger hooks, all of them to use with the brass locks.

I have a doubt: when I look at the pictures (buckles...) it looks like if the “colour” of the brass is not the same as the colour of the locks (more yellow, more orange...)

Do you know if this is because of the way the photos were taken or is it that the “colour“ of the brass is really different?

Thank you very much.

May I throw in; if you need brass pin nails, try buying from a hobby shop which caters to wooden model ship builders. More variety in sizes, in larger quantities and cheaper. Thats where I buy mine from now