creamjug

Hello from Gary

Hello,

I run a directory for Artisans involved in arts and crafts, jewelry, toys, etc..
In fact, we simply want to see any good stuff that is hand made.

So, we would love to see some great leather creations on this site.

Listings are Free - no catch, and they are fully featured, with image uploads, links to your website, unlimited text, social media links etc.
https://www.creamjug.com/category/arts-and-crafts

Have a look and if you like the look of things then join us. We would love to see your great leather work on the directory.

(if we get enough interest, we will create a dedicated leather workers category)

best regards,

Gary

Interesting. But without a dedicated Leatherwork section I'll pass. I've joined such before and the leatherwork gets muddled in with jewelry or pottery etcetera as 'arts and crafts' and gets lost and at worst on one was put into 'lifestyle'  - I don't do that type of leather

Hi Fredk. OK, leave it with me for a day or two and I will see what can be done.
Cheers
Gary

You are running creamjug on Joomla..adding a specific category should be simple..
Couple of things on your site are worth a"heads up"

Your listing with us can link to your Etsy page, or any other website that you may already have to illustrate your work.

Etsy charge a commision on every sale - we just charge a small single annual fee for your listing, or there is also a quality free listing option.

Your Creamjug listing enables you to add unlimited text, your logo and many high quality product images, your address shown on google maps, videos, custom tabs and pages, social media links, opening hours, year of establishment,

Plus... that all important link to your other (or Etsy) website. The value of this link really cannot be stated enough and it is worth much more than the annual listing fee, in terms of the volume of traffic that it will send to your linked site.

Your listing also gives you access to sitewide community areas where you can post your business events, trade shows, etc and also any special offers that your business may be running from time to time. These areas are easily seen by all visitors to creamjug, not just to the business directory part of the site.

To create any listing type you will need to create an account first.

Basic free Listing
You can use this to add your basic Company information and quickly gain a presence on creamjug.com
Some business types may only ever require and benefit substantially from a free listing.
You can edit your Company details at any time by logging in to your account

Annual paid Listing
With an annual paid listing, you can add more detailed business information than with a free listing. This includes, your listing in up to 3 different categories, an SEO rich link to your own website, email, telephone and other contact details, social media links, unlimited information about your business, up to 20 images of your products and services that are shown in your own scrolling gallery. You can even add any employment opportunities on your page.

Your listing on creamjug.com will generate a highly relevant targeted link to your own website domain.

Advertising cost comparison
The cost of an annual listing on creamjug.com, is extremely competitive versus the cost of annually advertising your business using other online classified methods. A link from our site to yours will add an increased SEO value to your page ranking on Google, Bing and other search engines.

and your privacy page..which gives you the right to pass on any details given to you to anyone anywhere...hint..it doesn't matter what a "privacy page" says ..you cannot pass on details too anyone without written permission ..not in the UK..nor in the EU..

quote of your privacy page..
"Privacy
Your privacy is extremely important to us
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we may collect, and the ways in which we use that personal information.

Personal information collection
creamjug.com may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
information about your use of this website
information that you may provide that is necessary for the purpose of registering with the website
information about transactions carried out over this website
information that you provide, that is necessary for the purpose of subscribing to any of our the website services and
any other information that you send to us.

Using personal information
creamjug.com may use your personal information to:
administer this website;
personalize the website for you;
enable your access to and use of the website services;
send to you products that you purchase;
supply to you services that you purchase;
send to you statements and invoices;
collect payments from you; and
send you marketing communications.

Where creamjug.com discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.

In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, creamjug.com may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.

Securing your data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
Information that creamjug.com collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which creamjug.com operates to enable the use of the information in accordance with this privacy policy.

In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.

Updating this statement
creamjug.com may update this privacy policy by posting a new version on this website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.

Other websites
This website contains links to other websites.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.

Contact creamjug.com
If you have any questions about this privacy policy or treatment of your personal information,
please write: by email to mail at creamjug dot com

"
the days of directories who offer free listings , plus better paid listings for SEO purposes, plus give themselves the right to give away, sell or exchange your details with anyone..were over around two decades ago.

some of us here have worked in SEO for longer than that..so such "enticements" make us smile..

I notice that one cannot see how much your rates are for a "paid listing" ..presumably one has to sign up, and thus give you details "which you think you can do with what you want" to see the paid rates ?

No mention of who you think owns the copyright to any images or texts on your site..hint..it wont be who you think it is ..

finally ..you are UK based..but your company details , or your website owner details are nowhere to be seen on the site..that is illegal under current UK and EU law..

plus..an obvious point..

the best leatherworker site is right here..

it gets massive SEO exposure.

almost any question put into any search engine about leatherwork brings this site up on page one of any search engine.
anyone who wants to can post on "show of" what they do..anyone can link to their site from their sig or their profile page.

and we know who Johanna is..the leatherlady..

Edited by Northmount
removed blank space

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your observations which are much apprreciated. 

I have and am making certain changes to some pages and information. The privacy page is outdated and in need of a review and i take on board your points about image copyright, which I would certainly never claim to own.

There is currently no paid option at all with our listings. The free listing is a genuine offer and allows a comprehensive page to be added which may help some businesses. Yes, there may be a paid option in the future. But please note that the free listing option will always be available for the lifetime of membership. We will not suddenly tell members that to continue with us they have to start paying. I would never work like that. But I admit that I do need to make this clearer on the site.

I totally respect the SEO value of Leatherworker.net and I am really sorry if I have offended you in any way.
Our visitors may be able to find Leather products in a different way whilst viewing our listings. 

I can only say that my offer is genuine and well intended, and may be attractive and helpfull to maybe just a few of your members at leatherworker.net.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best regards,

Gary

Hi Gary,

I have only glanced at this thread and will look in to your site further when i have more time.

Going on what ive read so far i would be very interested in adding my craft to your site.

As a new leather worker I was looking for some where to advertise my products without going to too much trouble.  I’m not really looking to sell huge quantities.

Thanks,

Ger.

Many thanks Ger, hope you can join us.

The new Leather craft category is now up and running:

http://www.creamjug.com/category/leather-craft

Best regards

Gary