Sign in to follow this  
ContactCement

Black Craftool Poly Maul. How durable is it ? Photos of used ones please.

Basically how durable is this Black Craftool Poly Maul ? Some photos of any chunks missing and indentations in the surface would be great. I'm not made of money even if they go on sale. Heck I'm drinking milk a slight hint of sour odor with chocolate added right now so I don't waste the money paid for it. I know everyone has a celebrity "name brand" that cost too much money. To be quite honest asking these modern prices is down right wicked and evil. Is a leather craft hobby. Tools shouldn't be as expensive as a hospital bill, prescription drugs or a house payment. The cold hard fact is people were tooling leather long  before plastics and rubbers were even invented. What were they using back then?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tandy-Leather-Craftool-Poly-Maul-3302-00/146107497?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=5405&adid=22222222227115627678&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=233311779350&wl4=pla-386176901475&wl5=9015608&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113940046&wl11=online&wl12=146107497&wl13=&veh=sem

Edited by ContactCement

I've had mine a couple of years now.  Works fine, but the mallet head is pretty hard now and seems to have a minor "bounce."  I don't use it for 3-D stamps or will get a double impression for sure.  Otherwise it has held up well.