Sign in to follow this  
RVM45

Conveniently Carry Multiple Handguns?

Friends, 

Never mind a practical rationale. A friend once coined the meme: "No Gun Left Behind." He claimed that if he ever had to evacuate his home on foot that he even had some mini-travois so even the dogs could help evacuate a few of his many handguns.

I once saw Bob Munden wearing four Single Actions—but it was for only a few moments to shoot a video to show how quickly he could fire 20-shots. Quantrill's Raiders and the fictional movie Josie Wales were both mounted on horses.

Assume that your handguns are important enough to to you to burden yourself with another 20 to 30-pounds and that most of them don't have to be really quick access. Also, guns that cannot be locked up are only secure when on your person.

{Evacuated on foot due to flood, tidal wave, forest fire or whatever—for instance…}

Has anyone given this any serious thought and came up with any  "Out-of-The-Box" solutions?

Probably not…but hope springs eternal.

…..RVM45

I'm afraid I am of the school to carry one at the ready with spare magazine(s) available.  If I need to transport many others a backpack will do nicely, with the guns wrapped in pistol rugs.  I know that isn't the answer you are looking for.

While working I sometimes carried a small 380 auto as a back up piece in the pocket or a shoulder rig, but I don't think that is what you are asking either.

Edward Teach carried a half-dozen and I reckon he had space to at least double that... Blackbeard_the_Pirate.jpg

I have had a couple of people contact me to build this vest holster from Boondock Saints. Seems cumbersome to be honest.

images.jpeg

Try a kilt..Heinlein recommended them too,.You can hide a lot of things under a kilt. ;)

1 hour ago, mikesc said:

Try a kilt..Heinlein recommended them too,.You can hide a lot of things under a kilt. ;)

You just gonna softball that one in there?