anikli1982

Looking for a leather manufacturer for my round dog leashes and collars

I have been producing our products in Denmark  but we are looking into making them in the US. I am looking for someone who can make round not rolled leather leashes and collars. There is no outside stitch. We use soft Italian leather and the inside is a nylon rope. 

Please visit my page to see the products up close

https://hunddenmark.com/products/hybrid-collar

Interested in this"inside stitching" technique and how it's done by hand...

Going by my knowledge of sewing fabric, the only way to get an inside stitch is to turn the collar inside-out once the stitching is completed, which means the leather would have to be really soft and thin.  I really don't see how you could do this if there was also to be a nylon rope down the center of the collar!  You'd have to thread the rope through after the stitching was done, and the collar turned inside-out.

Sounds difficult and time consuming!

Just out of curiosity, could you maybe put some more info here?  You have over a dozen products and each product has multiple colors and sizes, so essentially you have hundreds of different products.  Are you looking for a complete start to finish manufacturer or someone to assemble ready made parts? Approximately how many units per month, or is it made to order? I see your particular about your imported leather so would you be supplying it or would it be up to the new "maker" to import it.