On 12/12/2017 at 9:20 PM, mikesc said:

You might want to rethink that a bit, or wait until you have a 100 or so in place, before opening it up to paying punters ( 4 vids a month is two years "give or take" )..otherwise anyone signing up in the early months, will have far fewer videos to see than someone signing up 2 years from now ( and the "early birds" will have paid a total of £72.00 by then ( I'm rounding up the pennies to £3.00 a month there x 12 x 2 = £72.00 ) ..anyone who can do the maths, won't sign up today..and be paying a total of £72.00 to see 100vids...when someone signing up in month 24..will be paying only £3.00 to have access to all 100 vids..

Nice idea..and I like your youtube stuff ..you have a particularly clear speaking voice ..and you don't do all the visual "back flips"* and "zooms"* that plague so many videos..and there is no "evil music"* getting in the way..

*All "visual effects" and all "music" is evil on 99% of all videos..unless they are "music videos"..

ps..I like the Bob Ross ( who just "free-wheeled" his videos ) and Tony Hart ( who rarely spoke in his ) styles of videos..but, I think you and most here are probably too young to remember either of them..

edit reason ..made a typo in my maths the first time , originally read £180.00 ( I was projecting over 5 years in the first draft ) corrected to £72.00..the original "wrong" £180..which BikerMutt "snagged" in his quote below whilst I was correcting..my apologies to you BM :)

Not an issue Mike, I see your point, I shall keep the videos clean of gimmicks, I have no intention to change the style, perhaps learn to use the camera and mic a little better.
You make mention of liking the free-wheeled videos of Bob Ross, well if you think my videos are structured, I must be doing something right... it's all smoke and mirrors.

See you in two years.

Nige

Edited by Dangerous Beans
Speeling Mitakes.

On 12/15/2017 at 5:58 PM, bikermutt07 said:

We are odd and different, but far from useless. We can do anything right handed better than they can do it left handed.

As a lefty, this is one of my favourite plays on words: The left in Canada (meaning the political left!) is more gauche than sinister.

:yeah:

BTW, as someone who is seriously hearing impaired, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  DO NOT play background music in videos!!  :(  And if there is some way you can include accurate closed captioning, that's a wonderful benefit as well. Many of the closed captioning videos I've seen are a total joke. :blahblahblah:

Edited by Sheilajeanne

2 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

BTW, as someone who is seriously hearing impaired, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  DO NOT play background music in videos!!  :(  And if there is some way you can include accurate closed captioning, that's a wonderful benefit as well. Many of the closed captioning videos I've seen are a total joke. :blahblahblah:

Plus 1.

Really helpful to drop all background noise that does not contribute to the purpose of the video.

Tom

3 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

As a lefty, this is one of my favourite plays on words: The left in Canada (meaning the political left!) is more gauche than sinister.

:yeah:

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

Plus 1.

Really helpful to drop all background noise that does not contribute to the purpose of the video.

Tom

I don't have any background noises or music in my videos, it's just a boring old guy telling you about stuff.

I only started leatherwork a few months ago, and joined your secrets a few weeks ago. I have watched them all and probably learnt the best ways to do things which I would never have found out about from reading Leather craft books, the explanations are superb and probably saved more than the costs in not wasting time and leather doing it the wrong way

Finally just to say thank you for your efforts on both Secrets and also youtube for all of us to gain a tiny bit of your skill and knowledge

Have been subscribed for a few months now. Mr. Nigel has been so generous with his free videos on youtube, but it is a very small fee it takes to see these instructional videos he has available now. Well worth the price of a cup of coffee for month of viewing. Those thinking of waiting, it is obviously an option, but why would you want to wait to upgrade your skills and turn out a better product now rather than a year from now? Just askin. 

I agree on that. I am subscribed too and you get valuable information in the channel. The fee is as blue duvk mentioned the amount of a cup of coffee a month and as long as there are updates at least once a month there‘s no point for on/off subscriptions or anything like that. Nigel is a good speaker and the tutorials are spot on and precise.

Keep it up Nigel there are so many questions to be answered.

Where are these videos you speak of?

Silverd 

Here are two links that I hope will get you there. If for whatever reason they don't, just go to vimeo and youtube and enter Armitage Leather. I seem to recall he was also trying to have a pay channel on youtube, but don't know if it ever worked out. It was going to be the same as those on vimeo, I had better luck there anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nordicbadger

Many thanks!