Mjolnir

Show your Shop

In my case it's just a bench but I love my bench. It's in a corner of my greatroom. I like catching glimpses of workspaces. Please share yours too.

bench.jpg

Maybe I will take some stills after this christmas when I do my big tidy up and reorganise:)

But in the meantime, you can see mine being built in my "operation wedgetail nest" vlog on youtube!

Channel is called wedgetail leather.

Project follows getting a shed built, so if you're not interested in that, or in me building storage shelving etc. Then probably the last couple of vids in the series would be the best starting point.

I also have some quick tips and a couple of tutorials on that channel for anyone interested in the most basic basics of leathercrafting... I'm no pro, that's for sure.

This pic is from a few months ago. Have expanded a bit more since and it’s a lot more untidy! :huh:

888F5D0A-99F5-4E77-9F69-9C156597CDE1.jpeg

Just cleaned it upCS9oKo0.jpg

mjolnir,  nice stitching clam! Where did you come across that?

4 minutes ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

mjolnir,  nice stitching clam! Where did you come across that?

Thanks! I made it. red oak and pine. My latest project. I'm currently working on a new one that is ambitiously cool. I posted, 'Clam on the half shell'. love the space! I've got the noobiest shop so far.

Edited by Mjolnir
typo

Picture this, a 2 car garage with tables almost all the way around the walls, a big table smack dab if the middle, the cobra 4 and a cobra splitter sitting side by side 2/3 the way back, sanders, drill press, reloading area, vacuum table a general catch all table that I could stand if front of looking for stuff for a few minutes.  and I not find it on the afore mention table look at one of the others, a tool box, but the tools are scattered, a small cart that holds the blue guns and those plastic bins with small parts.  And if the small parts cant be found on the small cart go back to looking at the big table in the middle, the big table is set up on one side for cutting and tooling with a harbor press one ton sitting of the one end, the other side is a gluing station, on one other end of the big table is my knife sharpening area, on the side where the cutting and tooling is, is also the dying area in addition to an area with cardboard taped to a wall for air brushing.  the some of the walls have grandkids bikes hanging from right now in addition to a (V Twin were babysitting for one of the deputies here is town suppose to be gone in a few days).  I know where everything is or suppose to be so I don't go plunging my hands into areas that are suppose to have sharp objects there.  Just my little part of heaven no photos, no dots, no comms, right now just face book and a lot of leg work to grow it.   

2 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

Picture this, a 2 car garage with tables almost all the way around the walls, a big table smack dab if the middle, the cobra 4 and a cobra splitter sitting side by side 2/3 the way back, sanders, drill press, reloading area, vacuum table a general catch all table that I could stand if front of looking for stuff for a few minutes.  and I not find it on the afore mention table look at one of the others, a tool box, but the tools are scattered, a small cart that holds the blue guns and those plastic bins with small parts.  And if the small parts cant be found on the small cart go back to looking at the big table in the middle, the big table is set up on one side for cutting and tooling with a harbor press one ton sitting of the one end, the other side is a gluing station, on one other end of the big table is my knife sharpening area, on the side where the cutting and tooling is, is also the dying area in addition to an area with cardboard taped to a wall for air brushing.  the some of the walls have grandkids bikes hanging from right now in addition to a (V Twin were babysitting for one of the deputies here is town suppose to be gone in a few days).  I know where everything is or suppose to be so I don't go plunging my hands into areas that are suppose to have sharp objects there.  Just my little part of heaven no photos, no dots, no comms, right now just face book and a lot of leg work to grow it.   

A lot going on in your work space... you have to show a pic!!!:banana:

33 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

Thanks! I made it. red oak and pine. My latest project. I'm currently working on a new one that is ambitiously cool. I posted, 'Clam on the half shell'. love the space! I've got the noobiest shop so far.

The best stitching clam I’ve come across is made by a French guy, but I don’t he’s making them now because of bad health...

I notice that Nigel Armitage bought one.

663540ED-3697-4992-92A2-54B8E113BC71.thumb.jpeg.1f1c9e39b20970b9b93a432a9e90eacc.jpeg

17 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

Hold on a minute!!! Ain't you the one always telling me "if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen."? Lol

Oh shit, oops oh shite did I say that :huh:, well how bout this it's to dark right now and my bull dog might have crapped on the floor:( so tomorrow if I don't forget I try and get some, but if its cold and my aluminum knee doesn't go for it, well I'll see what I can do. 

2 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

Oh shit, oops oh shite did I say that :huh:, well how bout this it's to dark right now and my bull dog might have crapped on the floor:( so tomorrow if I don't forget I try and get some, but if its cold and my aluminum knee doesn't go for it, well I'll see what I can do. 

Hahahaha. I'm not taking a picture of my studio any time soon, either. It's a mess.

Just now, bikermutt07 said:

Hahahaha. I'm not taking a picture of my studio any time soon, either. It's a mess.

come on Mutt. the mess is the best part. My mess is in the art room I have and my breezeway where random tools lay around making up my woodshop (Patio table is my work bench out there!) .

well it aint purddy no carpets or wood on the floor and it is down right cold out right now. the only thing you don't see is the back wall where there is another rack where some oopsies get to go to the resting shelf, a box full of old certificates, nuts, bolts, and other crap er uh stuff to sort through if I cant find it some where else.  

IMG_1078.JPG

sorry looks like I have to do this in 3 steps I didn't resize.

IMG_1079.JPG

last one sorry again.  Just a note about these tables, they were all built relatively tall due to my back problems, I cant stay bent over for a long period of time so this allows me to stand more upright and do my work.  its a mess but it is mine and I get stuff done in it, and can even pull the nose of a car or pick up if we need to do a brake job.  I got more scars on my arms and hands and oh one other thing I did that this just made me think of, when I was a kid I went up to San Jose Ca and was working as a roofer with my cousin, and I was splitting a wooden shingle those type of roofs were big back in the day, well I miss while using a roofers hatchet and plumb near cut me left index finger off.  Then one year after getting married I had bought one of those nice buck knives and was drunker than a skunk while sharpening it and well your guessed it, I slipped and I durn near cut my left thumb off, it was all the way through the tendon so a special surgeon had to come in and sew it all together, along with all the scars from sticking my arms in engine compartments then pulling them out to have blood running everywhere.  the there was the time I fractured my right thumb, I hadn't stolen my daddies cue, I had one of my own from when I was 14 on but that is another story, but all true.  so far I have only stuck myself with one of those real pointed little burnishing tools that goes on a dremel.  If you can see it on the far side of the middle table I have a drop down cord that powers the dremel that sits under the table, well I was in a hurry one day and was walking around the table and that this stuck me right in the gut, I had to pull it out and live with the scar.  And then there was a time when I slammed may open hand down on a upward pointing fork and the tine went straight in to my had hand, all true stuff.   

IMG_1080.JPG

Dang, no wonder you're oldnslow. That's a lot of bad injuries. I just have two broken feet, a bad lower back, and pain in every joint. 

Since Old was willing to step up I guess I will too. Be back in a few with some resized pics.

I share my leather work area with woodworking tools, so it is a pain switching from one to the other.  I keep sewing machine in a separate clean room where I also store leather.  There is never enough space for everything!

7DC9A86F-1A41-4493-9304-8DC467034B8B.thumb.jpeg.9b4936d885fefbd79696272eb582201b.jpeg

Ok here it is. It's a mess. But it's mine. This is where the magic happens. This is a 32x60 steel school desk I picked up for twenty bucks. Currently working on a growler prototype. KIMG0047-2080x1170.thumb.JPG.cb91052e3652ca341b80dba761b166a6.JPG

This is my splitting and burnishing area to the right of the desk.KIMG0048-1170x2080.thumb.JPG.7d9ce5070a026caf2342062192b3f731.JPG

Here is my sewing area. I move the press to the desk when I need to set snaps.

KIMG0051-1170x2080.thumb.JPG.8ab3fd756806f51a213dea44703a1de3.JPG

More to follow.

This is my leather cabinet.KIMG0050-1170x2080.thumb.JPG.4db1717189c6d1a6ca9d3f7a0ed4f91e.JPG

And here is my small bits storage. Friend of mine just turned us on to the coffee bean burlap sacks. We aren't sure what to do with them yet.

KIMG0052-1170x2080.thumb.JPG.c07e20587de30f7f75a5fbe64afae62f.JPG

Edited by bikermutt07

My "shop" in what was going to be a nursery for the previous owners. Need to repaint. The metal is a little noisy but should last forever, it's stainless. Neat tip, that yellow jar is a Bayer lo-dose aspirin bottle. Works great for a glue bottle. Drill a hole for a metal parts brush in the top. What you cant see under the top is a Harbor Freight arbor press and LOTS of rags.

20171214_132658.jpg

Ok I'll play here are Some older pix 20170326_092318_resized_0.jpg.264de52d1070049dc0919cd9edac62d4.jpg20170326_091710_resized_0.jpg.e59f4c68a2404e32f5553eb8974e1278.jpg20170420_180057_resized.jpg.4cf8267fbb5b5c9bd1426062459361a8.jpg20170326_092108_resized_0.jpg.3e2aa5370693b81bfc8eae784a884fde.jpg20170326_091649_resized_0.jpg.52109b5e04c56864b0edbda403e93fb8.jpg20170402_164032_resized_0.jpg.df19af1468008bfda019a0aa60f37396.jpg

20170326_092245_resized_0.jpg

I just got a sudden urge to clean up my space after seeing all the organised work spaces! It’s my sons room and it’s conveniently right next to the kitchen with our wood stove giving off nice warmth. I share it with my husband, the guitar builder/fixer pickup maker, even though he’s got an other work room in the basement. It’s nicer to work above the ground. The fun part is that we see Russian log trains run by right outside the window! Oh, and I’m convinced that the high table is the best thing that has happened to my back, no more sitting down for me!

923D06FA-66C0-41DE-9CA4-41C3FF667C20.jpeg