Mjolnir

Show your Shop

nice old machines and oldie tymme kind of space.

Hi all

Just read all about your inspiring workshops. Went out to my cabin, and as soon as I entered I started laughing. I definitely don't have as many useful crafting tools as I can see in your great workshop. It looks as I spent all my tool money on furniture and interiors - feel like a leather-worker-wannabe. I need MORE TOOLS:)

IMGP5282.thumb.jpg.0edfcc27ab5c51d9cf474a5579cd34fd.jpg

IMGP5352.jpg.59333bfe6cc594ad6998430916ad6209.jpg

IMGP2622.jpg.f346c8e758117ce5a3ee4c9829e7dcc1.jpg

IMGP0894.thumb.jpg.447a6ee01b8b5bdb44c0ac37dd077090.jpg

Keep posting workshops please - it is great to see them all.

2 hours ago, farmersracer said:

Hi all

Just read all about your inspiring workshops. Went out to my cabin, and as soon as I entered I started laughing. I definitely don't have as many useful crafting tools as I can see in your great workshop. It looks as I spent all my tool money on furniture and interiors - feel like a leather-worker-wannabe. I need MORE TOOLS:)

This is a Sweet space! I checked out your website. I love the history behind your packs. A story is worth a thousand pictures in my opinion. Nice work.

3 hours ago, farmersracer said:

Hi all

Is that a bonney I spy?

8 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Is that a bonney I spy?

Hi bikermutt07

Sadly it is a fake:) Kawasaki w650 with a lot of triumph parts.

Thanks for the compliments and your frequent activity on this forum!

8 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

This is a Sweet space! I checked out your website. I love the history behind your packs. A story is worth a thousand pictures in my opinion. Nice work.

Thanks Mjolnir

Hope my english is understandable - pictures are an easier way to cross language barriers:) 

46 minutes ago, farmersracer said:

Hi bikermutt07

@farmersracer you sir, I doth my cap.

A workshop & motorcycle storage combination.

Things I can only dream of, i’ve Also a Triumph (Speedmaster).

2 hours ago, farmersracer said:

Hi bikermutt07

Well, it's still cool.

Lars, you do very well with English!  I just checked out your website, and noticed the miniature Swedish flags you sew into the seams of your bags. Nice touch! :spoton:

19 hours ago, farmersracer said:

feel like a leather-worker-wannabe.

I'd say not a wannabe.  On the contrary, a more likely successful business model to have only the specific tools you need to create a fantastic item in a niche market.  Nicely done!

Love the shop, the website, and the product.

YinTx

Hey Guys!,

Ok...so here's where it all happens. This is one of my spare bedrooms. I would use my garage but, Truck and Harley would get in the way and besides...I do metal fabrication in there due to having another hobby (I play with 1 1/2" scale trains so I build train cars occasionally). I like using this bedroom as a leather shop primarily because it's an all weather shop...heated and cooled to my liking...and it's not a long walk to the kitchen or the shower. I'm single and live alone so it suits my perfectly. Basically...my entire house is a "Man Cave" and my entire property is "Man Land". What more could I ask for?

20180127_141508.jpg

3 hours ago, MoRoadglide11 said:

Hey Guys!,

Ok...so here's where it all happens. This is one of my spare bedrooms. I would use my garage but, Truck and Harley would get in the way and besides...I do metal fabrication in there due to having another hobby (I play with 1 1/2" scale trains so I build train cars occasionally). I like using this bedroom as a leather shop primarily because it's an all weather shop...heated and cooled to my liking...and it's not a long walk to the kitchen or the shower. I'm single and live alone so it suits my perfectly. Basically...my entire house is a "Man Cave" and my entire property is "Man Land". What more could I ask for?

20180127_141508.jpg

Nice setup I almost bought one of those work tables last week, I know what you mean about having more then one hobby.  It seems the older I get the more expensive my hobbies get, photography equipment, high end audio equipment, drones.  I would have to say the only one that can't make me any money is the audio, spending $1500 on a pair of custom earbuds is a little crazy. At least leather working and photography I can recoup some money.

3 hours ago, MoRoadglide11 said:

Hey Guys!,

20180127_141508.jpg

So either you know a one legged cowboy or those are the boots you are repurposing? nice shop. those Lowes type benches

12 minutes ago, AdamPCain said:

Nice setup I almost bought one of those work tables last week, I know what you mean about having more then one hobby.  It seems the older I get the more expensive my hobbies get, photography equipment, high end audio equipment, drones.  I would have to say the only one that can't make me any money is the audio, spending $1500 on a pair of custom earbuds is a little crazy. At least leather working and photography I can recoup some money.

aren't great for banging on but they are very functional. I want one.

$1500!? "Alexa, is there such a thing as $1500 earbuds?" " Yes. (sexy Alexa voice) they are invisible implants made by Bose in the year 2020."

"my entire house is a "Man Cave" and my entire property is "Man Land". What more could I ask for?"

Ya'll got a shooting range out the back deck? Maybe out to 1000 meters or yards? NOW we're talkin'!!!

Jeff

2 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

"my entire house is a "Man Cave" and my entire property is "Man Land". What more could I ask for?"

Ya'll got a shooting range out the back deck? Maybe out to 1000 meters or yards? NOW we're talkin'!!!

Jeff

Does up count? :)

Sure, just remember...what goes up...

Hey Guys!!,

Yeah!!....I have a pretty good set up...an indoor shop and a garage shop. Both make a little money now and then. As for a shooting range off the back deck....HELL YES! I sit on 10 acres with so many oaks that I can't see my neighbors. The Lowe's work stations are great...storage drawers and some storage above the bench. I like them a lot...you can't go wrong. Oh...and I've beat on mine while setting my maker's mark with a dead blow hammer...so far no splintered table tops. The boots you see are my current inventory of holster making material. The sewing machine is a TechSew 5100...great machine...no problems. The scroll saw that you can barely see is what I use to cut out my patterns out of clear lexan. I spend a lot of time here during cold temps..then out in my garage during the warmer temps. The photo below is what I do in my indoor shop.

20171221_150324.jpg

20171221_150455.jpg

3 minutes ago, MoRoadglide11 said:

Hey Guys!!,

Yeah!!....I have a pretty good set up...an indoor shop and a garage shop. Both make a little money now and then. As for a shooting range off the back deck....HELL YES! I sit on 10 acres with so many oaks that I can't see my neighbors. The Lowe's work stations are great...storage drawers and some storage above the bench. I like them a lot...you can't go wrong. Oh...and I've beat on mine while setting my maker's mark with a dead blow hammer...so far no splintered table tops. The boots you see are my current inventory of holster making material. The sewing machine is a TechSew 5100...great machine...no problems. The scroll saw that you can barely see is what I use to cut out my patterns out of clear lexan. I spend a lot of time here during cold temps..then out in my garage during the warmer temps. The photo below is what I do in my indoor shop.

20171221_150324.jpg

20171221_150455.jpg

I thought those were your holsters I had seen. That is a cool idea Mo. Nice craftsmanship.

1 hour ago, Mjolnir said:

So either you know a one legged cowboy or those are the boots you are repurposing? nice shop. those Lowes type benches

aren't great for banging on but they are very functional. I want one.

$1500!? "Alexa, is there such a thing as $1500 earbuds?" " Yes. (sexy Alexa voice) they are invisible implants made by Bose in the year 2020."

They are ciems I called them earbuds since not many people have heard of them, thew are the ear pieces you see singers use on stage.  Audiophiles and people that are into high end equipment love them since they reproduce every frequency very precise, I am happy to say I own 4 different pairs of them.  Here is a link go buy a pair but don't use your phone to play them buy a $3000 lossless mp3 player LOL.  https://www.jhaudio.com/p/layla-custom  To get a pair you need to have the inside of your ear molded because they are custom fit to your ear canal.  Sorry for all the audio talk I get excited about it I am on an audiophile forum when not on this one.

Ah, yes, now I get the idea. Vast quantities. 

16 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

I thought those were your holsters I had seen. That is a cool idea Mo. Nice craftsmanship.

Hey Mjolnir,

The first couple of holster sets, I posted earlier, are mine....I personally have four sets that I've built for myself. I also build holster set for the general public too....I know there's guys and girls who own at least one Model 1911 and are not slaves to fashion!

2 hours ago, nstarleather said:

Not my entire shop but you might appreciate the volume:

first page.jpg

copper Rough and tough.jpg

last page.jpg

I'm speechless... No not really! The odds are in my favor that I ate one of those hamburgers. I have to say, we are from every corner of the globe. Small home shops to industrial. I'm pretty sure I can coat the walls of my house with that pallet of leather. Thank you for sharing!

6 hours ago, nstarleather said:

Thanks man...that's actually the 2nd pallet that size I have of the exact same leather... and I've got another on the way next week.

I do have one of mixed SB Foot sides that arrived and as soon as I can unpack it I may have some good stuff to sell...

Woot woot!

Hay Mike I have to smile every time you post pics of your warehouse, switch out the leather for exotic wood and it's a dead ringer for the place I worked in years ago. I look forward to your next mixed pallet!