Mjolnir

Show your Shop

Here is my space....have an office desk space too with computer where my new cobra4 will go too...but no picture...In Munich Workshops are so expensive my space is just in cellar and I cut out leather on a table in the office..

DD37A6EA-4D36-497A-BCD4-09CC1C51E363.jpeg

A720C7B0-1B28-4180-B709-8ADD96973F62.jpeg

That looks like a really high quality arbor press! Who makes it?

Gary

Gary I hate Chinese rubbish, it is called in german „hand Knebel Presse“ and works a dream and I can use it for a lot of uses..I restored it myself the top winder is not original, has approx 1000kg pressure...mine is a type 8/12kn from GechterFFCE566B-EAA2-4017-B617-80DCF8E53251.thumb.png.dee6c96bc601f3257c09a963e416efad.png

11 minutes ago, updn said:

Gary I hate Chinese rubbish, it is called in german „hand Knebel Presse“ and works a dream and I can use it for a lot of uses..I restored it myself the top winder is not original, has approx 1000kg pressure...mine is a type 8/12kn from GechterFFCE566B-EAA2-4017-B617-80DCF8E53251.thumb.png.dee6c96bc601f3257c09a963e416efad.png

Thanks UpDn!  I like the steel table - looks like it works much better than the small tables that come with the Chinese models.  I bought a piece of 1/4” steel plate to use as a table on my press.

Gary

1 hour ago, Syottis said:

Hi! Here is my minimalistic workshop :) @Finland 

C3253767-ADC6-443D-A13D-8EE2849D8A71.jpeg

Is your specialty watch straps? 

2 hours ago, Syottis said:

Hi! Here is my minimalistic workshop :) @Finland 

C3253767-ADC6-443D-A13D-8EE2849D8A71.jpeg

I like the rest for the wood burner.

Shop is in the basement. A good friend made me the Zappa banner that is on the wall. 

IMG_1691.jpg

Wow BattleAx all the open space hurts my eyes.... there's nothing to trip on either.... weird... and beautiful at the same time.

Nice set up. What are you making in there these days?

wow I love all that space!!!....enjoy your shop...you can keep everything so tidy there

10 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Is your specialty watch straps? 

Yep... At least I hope it is :D The one on the table is made of Barbour fish' skin.  

9 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

I like the rest for the wood burner.

Thank you! ... Even though thats not wood burner. Its Regad leather edge creaser machine. "fileteuse manuelle" 

Edited by Syottis

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:43 AM, Syottis said:

Thank you! ... Even though thats not wood burner. Its Regad leather edge creaser machine. "fileteuse manuelle" 

I'm still in denial about needing to wear my reading glasses!

PS am I the only one that wishes that I can zoom in more on pics? These tiny file sizes are frustrating. A few tiny files, a couple of medium files,  a non condensed file... no way.

I added a 4x8 cut table last weekend with a 1/4 inch HDPE on top, need to get some concrete tubes for leather storage on the bottom left. 

3F29D328-F552-4DB6-9786-185CCE73E473.jpeg

Here is my mess, I mean shop.My bench is 8'X3", 45" to the work surface. I have 2 old marble fireplace mantels on it. The bench and cutting table have hardwood tops 1 1/2" thick. Most of the lighting is supplied by 4 double row LED lights  I have the whole basement except for the furnace room.

Leather Bench.jpg

Leather Bench 2.jpg

Tools bench.jpg

Cutting table.jpg

scrap leather.jpg

WOW. I love your mess...I mean shop, you are a lucky man my friend. 

@Jordan I'd be afraid of messing up my beautiful workbench. Something like that belongs indoors! LOL :crazy:

Hello fellow Makers and Mongers! I have so much time and so little to do! ... Scratch that and reverse it! The best thing I can do with my time right now Is thank you all for your posts. We all have, 'me' threads. I included. This was never a 'me' thread. It is an eclectic, eccentric, collection of unique individuals that have shared their time, vision and imagination. Keep it up... Please!

4 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

Hello fellow Makers and Mongers! I have so much time and so little to do! ... Scratch that and reverse it! The best thing I can do with my time right now Is thank you all for your posts. We all have, 'me' threads. I included. This was never a 'me' thread. It is an eclectic, eccentric, collection of unique individuals that have shared their time, vision and imagination. Keep it up... Please!

And it all started with a little table in a corner.;)

G'Day, I've only just found this post.

I'd be too embarrassed to ' show my shop'  on here, seriously  :blush:. I love my workshop and I know where everything is ,  well.....almost,  but its a mess . I do  tidy up  every Monday, but doesn't take long to mess it all up again.   I had a look at the pics on here and I have to admit that I am a bit jealous . Your workshops are so......so.... tidy !!!  :)

HS 

I imagine if you were to do a "surprise inspection", a lot of the shops wouldn't be so tidy!

Mine, for instance. That's the only upside to a tiny shop, you can only make so much mess before you're forced to do something about it!

Jeff

Yep I agree. Although I do try to keep it clean, it ain't easy. But when it gets to the point where I'm wasting too much time looking for my tools , thats when I'm forced to do something about it , only to find that what I'm looking for is right under my nose  and staring at me .  I call it ' domestic blindness' . :wacko:

HS

"Kinda" related...I will set a tool aside after use and tell myself, "I'll strop this now, and it'll be ready to go next time I need it".  I've got four in that pile right now.

Hello everyone!

I love this thread!  I just got into leatherworking after New years. 

A new hobby for me that I am really enjoying so far.  I've only made a few things as of yet, but I see improvement in each item (learning from my mistakes).

I've been kind of lurking here for a little while.  I plan on being a little more active on the forum in the future.

Thank you so much for everyone sharing your spaces!  Very inspiring!

Here I my little area.  First time building a workbench.  Still tweaking it a bit. 

If any of you have any suggestions as to improvements I could make, I'd love to hear them.

004.jpg

003.jpg

I have two clamp lights on the way to put on either side to get rid of the shadows.  Vision is declining slowly.  :P

002.jpg

001.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, Caesar said:

Hello everyone!

I love this thread!  I just got into leatherworking after New years. 

A new hobby for me that I am really enjoying so far.  I've only made a few things as of yet, but I see improvement in each item (learning from my mistakes).

I've been kind of lurking here for a little while.  I plan on being a little more active on the forum in the future.

Thank you so much for everyone sharing your spaces!  Very inspiring!

Here I my little area.  First time building a workbench.  Still tweaking it a bit. 

If any of you have any suggestions as to improvements I could make, I'd love to hear them.

004.jpg

003.jpg

I have two clamp lights on the way to put on either side to get rid of the shadows.  Vision is declining slowly.  :P

002.jpg

001.jpg

Nice set up Caesar! You dove into the deep end if you've done all this since new years. My suggestion would have to be, add a cup holder for the Yeti mug :) 

17 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

Nice set up Caesar! You dove into the deep end if you've done all this since new years. My suggestion would have to be, add a cup holder for the Yeti mug :) 

Knockoff Yeti.  :P  A cup holder is a great idea!  I've actually thought about the fact that I'd probably spill it all over something someday.  Now I gotta figure out where to put it...