Mjolnir

Show your Shop

Damn!!!...you guys just gave a  diabolical idea....a custom Yeti (or Yeti knockoff) cuzi covered up in cowboy boot top!....thanks guys!...you rock!!!....talk about creature comforts!

37 minutes ago, MoRoadglide11 said:

Damn!!!...you guys just gave a  diabolical idea....a custom Yeti (or Yeti knockoff) cuzi covered up in cowboy boot top!....thanks guys!...you rock!!!....talk about creature comforts!

Lmao!  I can't wait to see the pictures!

Hmmm, I have an old pair of boots...

58 minutes ago, MoRoadglide11 said:

boot coozie for a 40oz and your on to something!

... a rattlesnake handle on a Yeti? hmmm!

Edited by Mjolnir
add

Rattlesnake handle? Now you've risked bringing RolandRanch out of his burrow!

Edited by alpha2

If I see an Oroborus snake handle. I'd buy that!

Now you got me wanting to wrap one of those 64 oz. vacuum insulated growlers,  :lol:

Have you ever had a chatbox on this forum?  Nice feature.

Edited by Caesar

Well here is my mess, I carved out some garage space with a wall mounted fold down bench, added some rail mount wall cabinets for storage.  I also have my inside work area which is a huge desk and my recent singer 15-91.

https://imgur.com/a/Akna9

5f7OP5F.jpg

4 hours ago, koreric75 said:

Well here is my mess, I carved out some garage space with a wall mounted fold down bench, added some rail mount wall cabinets for storage.  I also have my inside work area which is a huge desk and my recent singer 15-91.

5f7OP5F.jpg

Looks like a great area to get some work done! 

I've got a garage that I would love to use.  But too much salt water in the air.  Everything would rust in a month.  

I like your fold down table with the storage inside.  Is it pretty solid feeling?

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

Looks like a great area to get some work done! 

I've got a garage that I would love to use.  But too much salt water in the air.  Everything would rust in a month.  

I like your fold down table with the storage inside.  Is it pretty solid feeling?

The fold down bench works great, problem is having to clear it after I'm done to fold up lol

8 hours ago, koreric75 said:

5f7OP5F.jpg

Nice Mallet! ;) 

2 hours ago, koreric75 said:

The fold down bench works great, problem is having to clear it after I'm done to fold up lol

Trust me...that's a good thing. My work surfaces would look a LOT different if I had to fold them up after use!

This is my "shop", yes I use a wooden chair with a block of granite and poundo board underneath to keep the sound down. I do a lot in this small corner of the basement, internet radio, edit photos, and I started getting into steampunk, there is a lot of leather in steampunk.

Buzzards_shop.jpg

On 2/22/2018 at 8:06 AM, koreric75 said:

5f7OP5F.jpg

Hah...someone ELSE who doesn't like having to sit on their stitching pony! Once I get my pony resized to the height that works best for me, I will probably do something similar to attach it to my work bench. The problem is lack of light when I move away from my work bench.

Edited by Sheilajeanne

11 hours ago, Buzzard2005 said:

This is my "shop", yes I use a wooden chair with a block of granite and poundo board underneath to keep the sound down. I do a lot in this small corner of the basement, internet radio, edit photos, and I started getting into steampunk, there is a lot of leather in steampunk.

Buzzards_shop.jpg

Oldnslow would like this space! What is the skeleton in upper right?

a little to cramped for me I like my stuff spread out so I don't know where it is, that way I can always be guessing!!

2 hours ago, OLDNSLOW said:

a little to cramped for me I like my stuff spread out so I don't know where it is, that way I can always be guessing!!

Ahhh, keeps the brain active. Smart, very smart.

5 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

Oldnslow would like this space! What is the skeleton in upper right?

It's a buzzard, everyone at work calls me that :-D

You have more leather than I do.  How old is that building? It looks it's been there for a while.

Jeff

Thanks! I love old buildings. But then, I was born in '53, so super old is relative. 

9 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

Thanks! I love old buildings. But then, I was born in '53, so super old is relative. 

Hey, another '53er! And I live in a house that was built sometime in the late 1800's so no, 1950s does NOT qualify as 'super old'!

1 hour ago, nstarleather said:

True, and in if you go to Europe, everything in the USA is young when you compare some  a lot of the buildings.

Everything in Canada, too... ;)

3 hours ago, nstarleather said:

True, and in if you go to Europe, everything in the USA is young when you compare some  a lot of the buildings.

The town I came from has more than 1000 years of history.

@nstarleather I would love to have a wander around your warehouse... Do you charge for guided tours? :Lighten:

There’s a closed shoe factory near me that’s bigger than your warehouse with approx 50 to 100 pallets of shoe leather just sitting there going mouldy. I bought about 30 hides but I only do leather as a hobby at the moment and cant store anymore. :(

8 hours ago, nstarleather said:

Some storage pictures!

Gallery

2CNdwrS - Imgur.jpg

OMh9Gql - Imgur.jpg

That sure is a pretty purple.

2 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

There’s a closed shoe factory near me that’s bigger than your warehouse with approx 50 to 100 pallets of shoe leather just sitting there going mouldy. I bought about 30 hides but I only do leather as a hobby at the moment and cant store anymore. :(

What a shame you are so far away! I am sure many of the people on this board would love to have some of that leather! :(