Mjolnir

Show your Shop

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!

I love this thread!  I just got into leatherworking after New years. 

A new hobby for me that I am really enjoying so far.  I've only made a few things as of yet, but I see improvement in each item (learning from my mistakes).

I've been kind of lurking here for a little while.  I plan on being a little more active on the forum in the future.

Thank you so much for everyone sharing your spaces!  Very inspiring!

Here I my little area.  First time building a workbench.  Still tweaking it a bit. 

If any of you have any suggestions as to improvements I could make, I'd love to hear them.

004.jpg

003.jpg

I have two clamp lights on the way to put on either side to get rid of the shadows.  Vision is declining slowly.  :P

002.jpg

001.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, Caesar said:

Hello everyone!

I love this thread!  I just got into leatherworking after New years. 

A new hobby for me that I am really enjoying so far.  I've only made a few things as of yet, but I see improvement in each item (learning from my mistakes).

I've been kind of lurking here for a little while.  I plan on being a little more active on the forum in the future.

Thank you so much for everyone sharing your spaces!  Very inspiring!

Here I my little area.  First time building a workbench.  Still tweaking it a bit. 

If any of you have any suggestions as to improvements I could make, I'd love to hear them.

004.jpg

003.jpg

I have two clamp lights on the way to put on either side to get rid of the shadows.  Vision is declining slowly.  :P

002.jpg

001.jpg

Nice set up Caesar! You dove into the deep end if you've done all this since new years. My suggestion would have to be, add a cup holder for the Yeti mug :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

Nice set up Caesar! You dove into the deep end if you've done all this since new years. My suggestion would have to be, add a cup holder for the Yeti mug :) 

Knockoff Yeti.  :P  A cup holder is a great idea!  I've actually thought about the fact that I'd probably spill it all over something someday.  Now I gotta figure out where to put it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn!!!...you guys just gave a  diabolical idea....a custom Yeti (or Yeti knockoff) cuzi covered up in cowboy boot top!....thanks guys!...you rock!!!....talk about creature comforts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MoRoadglide11 said:

Damn!!!...you guys just gave a  diabolical idea....a custom Yeti (or Yeti knockoff) cuzi covered up in cowboy boot top!....thanks guys!...you rock!!!....talk about creature comforts!

Lmao!  I can't wait to see the pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, I have an old pair of boots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MoRoadglide11 said:

Damn!!!...you guys just gave a  diabolical idea....a custom Yeti (or Yeti knockoff) cuzi covered up in cowboy boot top!....thanks guys!...you rock!!!....talk about creature comforts!

boot coozie for a 40oz and your on to something!

... a rattlesnake handle on a Yeti? hmmm!

Edited by Mjolnir
add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rattlesnake handle? Now you've risked bringing RolandRanch out of his burrow!

 

Edited by alpha2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I see an Oroborus snake handle. I'd buy that!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you got me wanting to wrap one of those 64 oz. vacuum insulated growlers,  :lol:

Have you ever had a chatbox on this forum?  Nice feature.

Edited by Caesar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well here is my mess, I carved out some garage space with a wall mounted fold down bench, added some rail mount wall cabinets for storage.  I also have my inside work area which is a huge desk and my recent singer 15-91.

https://imgur.com/a/Akna9

5f7OP5F.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, koreric75 said:

Well here is my mess, I carved out some garage space with a wall mounted fold down bench, added some rail mount wall cabinets for storage.  I also have my inside work area which is a huge desk and my recent singer 15-91.

https://imgur.com/a/Akna9

5f7OP5F.jpg

 

Looks like a great area to get some work done! 

I've got a garage that I would love to use.  But too much salt water in the air.  Everything would rust in a month.  

I like your fold down table with the storage inside.  Is it pretty solid feeling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Caesar said:

Looks like a great area to get some work done! 

I've got a garage that I would love to use.  But too much salt water in the air.  Everything would rust in a month.  

I like your fold down table with the storage inside.  Is it pretty solid feeling?

The fold down bench works great, problem is having to clear it after I'm done to fold up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, koreric75 said:

Well here is my mess, I carved out some garage space with a wall mounted fold down bench, added some rail mount wall cabinets for storage.  I also have my inside work area which is a huge desk and my recent singer 15-91.

https://imgur.com/a/Akna9

5f7OP5F.jpg

 

Nice Mallet! ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koreric75 said:

The fold down bench works great, problem is having to clear it after I'm done to fold up lol

Trust me...that's a good thing. My work surfaces would look a LOT different if I had to fold them up after use!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my "shop", yes I use a wooden chair with a block of granite and poundo board underneath to keep the sound down. I do a lot in this small corner of the basement, internet radio, edit photos, and I started getting into steampunk, there is a lot of leather in steampunk.

Buzzards_shop.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 8:06 AM, koreric75 said:

Well here is my mess, I carved out some garage space with a wall mounted fold down bench, added some rail mount wall cabinets for storage.  I also have my inside work area which is a huge desk and my recent singer 15-91.

https://imgur.com/a/Akna9

5f7OP5F.jpg

 

Hah...someone ELSE who doesn't like having to sit on their stitching pony! Once I get my pony resized to the height that works best for me, I will probably do something similar to attach it to my work bench. The problem is lack of light when I move away from my work bench.

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Buzzard2005 said:

This is my "shop", yes I use a wooden chair with a block of granite and poundo board underneath to keep the sound down. I do a lot in this small corner of the basement, internet radio, edit photos, and I started getting into steampunk, there is a lot of leather in steampunk.

Buzzards_shop.jpg

Oldnslow would like this space! What is the skeleton in upper right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a little to cramped for me I like my stuff spread out so I don't know where it is, that way I can always be guessing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OLDNSLOW said:

a little to cramped for me I like my stuff spread out so I don't know where it is, that way I can always be guessing!!

Ahhh, keeps the brain active. Smart, very smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mjolnir said:

Oldnslow would like this space! What is the skeleton in upper right?

It's a buzzard, everyone at work calls me that :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some storage pictures!

Gallery

2CNdwrS - Imgur.jpg

OMh9Gql - Imgur.jpg

Edited by nstarleather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have more leather than I do.  How old is that building? It looks it's been there for a while.

Jeff

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super old!  It was a cannery for Lord Chesterfield Tomatoes, for whom the grandmother of one our employees worked for.

So before 1950...we've been here since 1990.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! I love old buildings. But then, I was born in '53, so super old is relative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now